• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

I am so glad

1948berg

It is so reassuring to know that the Forums Forums expert panel has decided that there is no such thing as Global Warming. What a relief ! What a shame that the forum is little known around the world. If the forums wiew became known, all the scientists around the world working on the matter could concentrate on more important things, like providing more cheap fuel for the automobiles in the world.

I wish I mastered the English language better, then I could be more sarcastic.

Global warming or not, wasting energy is bad for business, those who take action against pollution will be the winners in the end. China has no chance against USA when you (USA) finally will wake up.

Remember what happend when you put all your recources together in defeating Hitler.

Marry Christmas!

Attachments

• GG.jpg
    GG.jpg
    108.9 KB · Views: 87

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
It is so reassuring to know that the Forums Forums expert panel has decided that there is no such thing as Global Warming.
I thought everyone here agreed that global warming is occurring but the cause of the warming is still up for debate.

Where nobody seems to agree (including the scientists) is by percentage, what's the main reasons it's warming?
The Sun
Volcanos
Human activity
Fossil fuel burning
Cow farts

Is that a picture of you? I've seen your picture before so I'm going to assume it is. Pretty formal for working at the computer. Heck, I'll bet a lot of us are barely dressed.

Merry Christmas to you as well Gunnar.

1948berg

"Is that a picture of you? I've seen your picture before so I'm going to assume it is. Pretty formal for working at the computer. Heck, I'll bet a lot of us are barely dressed"

I always dress formaly when I adress my fellow partisans at the Forums Forums

Bobcat

Je Suis Charlie Hebdo
GOLD Site Supporter
I can't see how all of the stuff we belch into the atmosphere can't be having an effect. And you're right, it's senseless to waste energy and pollute just because you don't think it's changing the climate.

Your English, and sarcasm, is better than some native speakers around here. :poke:
No, I'm not talking about you SnoOps...ok, maybe I am. :yum:

daedong

Your English, and sarcasm, is better than some native speakers around here. :poke:
No, I'm not talking about you SnoOps...ok, maybe I am. :yum:

:yum::yum:

Berg you write very well. and I like your sarcasm, great post.

I thought everyone here agreed that global warming is occurring but the cause of the warming is still up for debate.

Where nobody seems to agree (including the scientists) is by percentage, what's the main reasons it's warming?
The Sun
Volcanos
Human activity
Fossil fuel burning
Cow farts

Zoom, this is simply not true, the vast Majority of scientist strongly agree human activity-burning fossil fuels is influencing the green house effect, hence global warming.

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
Zoom, this is simply not true, the vast Majority of scientist strongly agree human activity-burning fossil fuels is influencing the green house effect, hence global warming.

Yeah like ten years ago they blamed the warming on all of us refrigeration guys and made us all change the type of refrigerants we use. There was no talk about it being fossil fuels. Ten years later they said the change of refrigerants didn't help.

I agree with Zoom. (shh don't tell anyone) I believe there is the warming and I believe it could be fossils fuel but I also think there is other major factors.

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Yes, and all those scientists would also have to agree that if I threw a rock in the ocean, the ocean got deeper.

What I'm looking for and nobody can ACCURATELY answer, is what degree does human activity have on global warming. All the scientists pretty much agree that human activity has an impact. HOW MUCH?!?!? This is where they don't agree.

If the Al Gore crowd didn't build their hypothesis on a bunch of lies, I'd have a better chance of believing them. Unfortunately, they've been caught over and over, moving a decimal point here or some other intentional modification to skew the numbers in their favor (exponentially). This blatant manipulation of the numbers doesn't help their cause. I for one can no longer believe what they're saying. They LIE too much.

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
What I've seen here is people posting evidence and people who make bold statements. The bold statements seem to come from the crowd that wants to "believe" in global warming. I suspect it's due to a void in their souls so they are signing up for the latest religion.

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
The bold statements seem to come from the crowd that wants to "believe" in global warming.
Can you clarify? When you say "believe", do you mean they believe it's due solely to human activity?

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
Can you clarify? When you say "believe", do you mean they believe it's due solely to human activity?

I honestly believe they are caught up in the hype. They want to be part of the "green" crowd and are believing everything that is fed to them even though it is entirely theoretical.

It's the new religion. Just as these same people mock Christians that have blind belief in God and Jesus Christ, these hypocrites have blind belief in the church of Global Warming.

daedong

Zoom,
Obviously the globe is not static regarding temperature. To explain the obvious we have been through ice ages and warmer periods in the past. These natural cycles generally take thousands and thousands of years to occur. They have occurred due to a wide range of natural phenomena for example, large meteors, volcanic activity and the earth moving on it's axis. Just for one minute think about what humans have done over the last two or three hundred years, among many things we have altered the carbon storage above and beyond that of natural cycles. We have raped our planet of vegetation that in the past had stored billions upon billions of cubic feet of carbon. We have burnt trillions of gallons of fossil fuels that have been locked up in the earth for millions of years. I don't think you have to be Einstein to believe this will have an effect on our planet.
So in essence I agree with you, I am not sure to what extent this will change our planet and nor do scientists, they have made some predictions but even they acknowledge they do not know the extent of the effects. The vast majority do however, believe there will be a significant effect.

Yeah like ten years ago they blamed the warming on all of us refrigeration guys and made us all change the type of refrigerants we use. There was no talk about it being fossil fuels. Ten years later they said the change of refrigerants didn't help.

Where did you get this statement from? Who says the change has not helped the ozone layer?

Deadly Sushi

The One, The Only, Sushi
SUPER Site Supporter
Once there was a frekin' ozone.... then a bunch of assholes came in and now there is a hole in the ozone.

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
And how do you know there ever was a complete ozone layer? The very first time we could measure the ozone layer, there was hole. Right over magnetic south.
Why do people make an asumption when there is no proof of that asumption? Just because there is a hole does not mean it should not be there.

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
Ya, I went fishin and caught something.

And,did you know that earth's magnetic field is waning? Been doing it in something like 15,000 year cycles. First the field starts to wane, then multiple north and south poles become apparant, then they do the old fliperoo. North becomes south, south becomes north. Maybe has something to do with the hole? Who knows, but interesting stuff.

daedong

And how do you know there ever was a complete ozone layer? The very first time we could measure the ozone layer, there was hole. Right over magnetic south.
Why do people make an asumption when there is no proof of that asumption? Just because there is a hole does not mean it should not be there.

Proven science, cfc's destroy ozone

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
Proven science - fire destroys wood, so what? We still gots lotsa wood. (I even get some once in a while!)

Where is the ozone layer? Where are the CFCs made? How heavy are CFCs? How thin is the air up there? What is the make up of air up there? How did the ozone layer get there in the first place? At what rate does the ozone layer replenish iteslf? How does it do so?

So many questions; so little time....

Deadly Sushi

The One, The Only, Sushi
SUPER Site Supporter
Nice stuff gets into BIG machines. It spits out icky stuff that isnt needed. That stuff screws the natural balance of life. Too much of it and we have 3 eyed toads.

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
Where did you get this statement from? Who says the change has not helped the ozone layer?

I read it in a Refrigeration Magazine. Their estimates of seeing some change never happened. The article was written about three years ago.

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
And still no change. Cosmic radiation does wonders. Wouldn't that be something, an outside force having something to do with the atmosphere?

daedong

Proven science - fire destroys wood, so what? We still gots lotsa wood. (I even get some once in a while!)

Where is the ozone layer? Where are the CFCs made? How heavy are CFCs? How thin is the air up there? What is the make up of air up there? How did the ozone layer get there in the first place? At what rate does the ozone layer replenish iteslf? How does it do so?

So many questions; so little time....

This link may help.
http://www.epa.gov/Ozone/science/sc_fact.html

1948berg

Bobcat

Je Suis Charlie Hebdo
GOLD Site Supporter
God Jul, Gunnar.

xmasgirl.jpg

Is there a lot of duck-breeding in your home town? :yum:

Last edited:

California

Charter Member
Site Supporter
Merry Christmas, Gunnar!

And I must say, I feel very honored that you dress so formally to post here! :)