• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

A canadian perspective....

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
I noticed that the article was written by Pierre Berton who is a raving Canadian Patriot. One of the hardest things I have found with these historical perspectives is that they are usually full of nostalgia and bias.

You should read this book when you have a chance:

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Canadian-History-Dummies-Will-Ferguson/dp/1894413199"]Amazon.com: Canadian History for Dummies: Will Ferguson: Books[/ame]

I think you will like the perspective he puts on everything as it is much less patriotic and more realistic.

brazospete

ranger

i thought that that article was fair and balanced,and as a canadian the war of 1812 was at best a stalemate,both sides had victories and losses,this war gave both counties the shape and boarders that are there to day,after 200 years of peace and a good friendship,canada has only has 10% the population of the states who realy won,in reality we are almost americans in most ways,we are unarmed americans with healthcare.about NAFTA you guys let mexico in on that one,Reagan and Mulrouny where working on a canada US free trade agreement and then some one said lets let mexico in on it.

Catavenger

SUPER Site Supporter
What's the point of your post Groomer? I hope it's not to stir up trouble between the nations of Canada and the USA who have been allies for a number of years and have stood together with Great Britain and other nations through 2 World Wars? Since my mother's people were Metis from Canada and I also have many Canadian ancestors on my fathers side of the family I feel an afinity for the Canadian people.
I even named my cats (who are like my children to me) after Canadian cities. All the best.

Last edited:

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
My paternal grandparents came down from Nova Scotia, but I'm not sure I should be admitting that. :yum:

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter