• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Close Call on Making McCall Gathering

wakeupcall

GOLD Site Supporter
Had a close call at work on 1-31-17. A flash fire at one of my gas wells, caused some fairly serious burns to my face and hands. I am healing pretty good and hoping to still make it to Mc Call. :biggrin:

Attachments

• 20170131_154138.jpg
    20170131_154138.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 274
  • 20170201_112126.jpg
    20170201_112126.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 270
  • 20170131_232601.jpg
    20170131_232601.jpg
    131.2 KB · Views: 266
Wakeup.. so glad to know your on gods speed healing. You and the family are in our thoughts and prayers. Was there condensate building up in the cellars or packing failure?

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
mend fast and I hope things are going for the best. not much of your fingerprints left but i'm sure that's the least of your problems. you need those fingers.
jim

wakeupcall

GOLD Site Supporter
Wakeup.. so glad to know your on gods speed healing. You and the family are in our thoughts and prayers. Was there condensate building up in the cellars or packing failure?

Wannagoflying, thank you, it was the vapor off of an open top condensate/water tank.

wakeupcall

GOLD Site Supporter
Thanks everyone I am healing up fairly quick. No pain to speak of and yes a little different looking finger prints. Hope to make McCall if all goes as planned. :smile:

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
yikes... so sorry to hear of your accident, truly hope you are getting the best of care and support, take care of yourself and hope you heal quickly....

tom

GOLD Site Supporter
glad to see you are going to make it! let me know if you want to convoy...I leave early Wednesday morning..

sno-drifter

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Wow. It is hard to believe that the pain is not bad, A few hours in a Sno-Cat should fix you right up. Take care.

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Keep up on the positive approach.

I fed my hand into a porta band right before the clowder in MI, No true-er words spoken.

"you don't plan for an accident"

Take care.

Blackfoot Tucker

GOLD Site Supporter
Best wishes for a full and speedy recovery. I have a couple of friends who've had some bad burns, and from what they've said, recovery can be less than fun.

Godspeed to you.

wakeupcall

GOLD Site Supporter
Thanks everyone for your thoughts and healing words. I think I will be good as new in a few weeks. I don't believe that there are to many ways to get wounded that are worse than a bad burn. I feel very fortunate this could have been serious if I had been facing the other direction. Tom what time are you planning on leaving town Wednesday morning??

tom

GOLD Site Supporter
I was thinking about 7 am..it's a 12 hour drive probably longer with breaks so I was hoping to get there before 10pm. Does that work for you guys. We could meet at the truck stop by dinosaur museum outside of fruita..if you are coming off that way. Let me know I'm flexible.

Snowcat Pat

wakeupcall,

Wishing you to Get Well Soon!

To a true enthusiast that can't be kept from his snow machine!

-Pat

Attachments

• jonny sno-goose.jpg
    jonny sno-goose.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 159
  • jonny mummy.jpg
    jonny mummy.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 157

tom

GOLD Site Supporter
Lol..you are a sick one SCP! Can hardly wait to meet you!. We shove off tomorrow around 6 am. Tuckering our way to McCall with two machines.

wakeupcall

GOLD Site Supporter
Thanks Pat, I do see a likeness to the mummy!! On the good side I have healed up a lot and feel good about going to gathering. Going to be a great adventure for sure. Will try to post some pictures for the people who can't make it, we appreciate all you do to keep all the machines you build parts for on the trail. Great Job Pat!! :biggrin:

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Thanks Pat, I do see a likeness to the mummy!! On the good side I have healed up a lot and feel good about going to gathering. Going to be a great adventure for sure. Will try to post some pictures for the people who can't make it, we appreciate all you do to keep all the machines you build parts for on the trail. Great Job Pat!! :biggrin:

Glad you are better!

Have fun!