• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Friend died today

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
My friend, my daughter's fencing coach, died this afternoon.

I just spoke to his wife and one of his sons. I'm at a total loss, in shock.

He had been sick, he was only 56, but this was unexpected.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Dang, my Condolences Bob. :( Prayers for the family.

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
Sorry to hear of your loss. We never know when our ticket is going to be punched and we're going to be called home. Prayers for you and his loved ones. 56 is wayyyyyy too young.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Thanks all. I'm still in shock.

We are trying to get Melen home from North Carolina on Friday so she can get to the funeral, which is looking like it will be on Saturday. I'm a pallbearer for the funeral but the details are not yet set. Not sure how Melen will get from O'Hare airport to home, but we will figure that out if we can switch her flight.

Leni

What a shock! That's way too young. It's really hard when it is unexpected. So sorry to hear about this.

Danang Sailor

nullius in verba
GOLD Site Supporter
Bob, our condolences to all, especially you and Melen. As others have said, 56 is shockingly young.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
My friend Dale (2nd from right) at one of our fencing tournaments just about 1 year ago.

Attachments

• 14421_10152433583806681_889201030834489403_n.jpg
    14421_10152433583806681_889201030834489403_n.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 83

ChocoCat

Hi Bob, I am so sorry for the huge loss of your friend. He seemed like such a beam of light. This life is fleeting. We never know how long any of us has to be a part of this great journey. I know this pain exclusively, I recently lost my Mother.. a year ago. And it seems like yesterday. The anniversary is actually on the 30th. How quickly time flies.

The best advice I can give is live life like it is your last day. Live to the fullest. Be good to yourself. Be good to others. Give to those others the love you have inside, some have never experienced it. Because, what might seem like the end is just the beginning.