• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

2018 The First Winter Snow Ride with the ST4

nikos

Let it Snow......Let it Snow.....Let it Snow. NOT ENOUGH SNOW

The Snow-Trac is on fire.......but the Snow is melting in the wind.
Yesterday Saturday Night, in my village, on mt Vernon - Vitsi, in Florina Region.

The fist Ride. Everything Okay. (The new brakes- brake lines- master cylinder Drum cylinder etc, the exhaust pipes - No more Fumes in the Cabin).

As for the Eberspacher 12V Heater i fix all the systems on the Heater, all the problems with the fuses, the new cables etc, i will sent fotos in my thread. The only problem is with the Fuel Pump Hardi E57 with the Diaphragm Solenoid Valve.

I NEED A NEW DIAPHRAGM KIT

Nikos

Attachments

• `1.JPG
    `1.JPG
    132.5 KB · Views: 785
  • `1 (5).JPG
    `1 (5).JPG
    120.7 KB · Views: 264
  • `1 (4).JPG
    `1 (4).JPG
    64.8 KB · Views: 265
  • `1 (2).JPG
    `1 (2).JPG
    95.6 KB · Views: 271
  • `1 (3).JPG
    `1 (3).JPG
    105.6 KB · Views: 274

nikos

Re: 2018 The Fisrt Winter Snow Ride with the ST4

Last January 2017.

only For the history........memories etc:slider3::slider3:

As you can see, in 2018 Fotos there is no rear lights in the ST4, as i am expecting the new Car Led Light.

Nikos

Attachments

• DSC00068.jpg
    DSC00068.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 254
  • DSC00067.jpg
    DSC00067.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 248

nikos

Great photos Nikos, as always.

Hey PJL How are you?

I Think that i need to improve the SNOW TRAC images - performance, and that's WHY the next project for the 2018 will be the Phantom DJI.

But i don't know if can use both of my hands, to fly the Quad copter and also drive the Snow Trac. :yum::yum::yum:

Anyway I Think there are to many ARTISTS in the FORUMS-FORUMS and the range of the Art level (Constructions, Ideas, Skills, Creativity, Talent, Show, Design, Motivation, Land lovers Philosophy - Adventures, and also the photograph Documents and the film - Video, etc ) of the SNOW CAT owners, is extremely amazing.

I am Very Proud to be part of this great team - Club.
THANK YOU GUYS.

Nikos

Attachments

• DJI-Phantom-4-quadcopter.jpg
    DJI-Phantom-4-quadcopter.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 224

nikos

You won't have to drive the cat and drone at the same time. They make drones that will follow you and keep you in the center of the frame while filming. Here is a link to and article that reviews some of these drones. http://www.droneguru.net/8-best-drones-that-follow-you-follow-drones/.

ClacierSean Thank you so mush for all that kind of the information's about Follow Drones
I know about them - powered autonomous systems, ....The Done Generation, the Next Evolution, the Technology and all the investments.
But i prefer the teaching technology. Using the skills, and filling the pleasure of practical science and technology skills.

I think the new Follow drones are the right View -followers for the young generation. Our generation close to middle age, we are a little bit Ambidextrous. We can use both of our hand in the same time. Right and left.
:skipy::slider3::skipy::slider3:

I am joking

Nikos

nikos

Nikos, I see the red cross on your ST4. Do you provide ambulance transportation too?

Yes i have a story to tell about this. Last year my Snow Trac with another Driver, a close Friend of mine, was used as an ambulance (Without Doctors Attendance) to transport his grandmother ( Α Ηemodialysis Patient ), several Kilometers in heavy snowfalls storm, outside of the village. A car with the son of the women arrived the same time in the next village were the conditions for transformation were better. The Snow Trac was used as an ambulance another two times the next days.
I am living in the city the last 51 years, 13 Kilometers distance, from my Father's birthday land -place.
I decide to have the Snow Trac in that Village, which is close to the mountain trails. The first time, when the people (Men in the bars and the taverns) saw the Snow Trac inside the road of the village, ......they were watching with suspicion my movements and all the rides in the middle of the night, with the lights and the voices of the tracks etc. I am working all the day and i have free time for Snow Trac rides, only on Sundays and the evenings - till late at nights- mornings.

The first ride in 2018 with the ST4 with not enough Snow was on the sidelines of an Event.
The Women's Association had taken celebration - event over the New Year's Eve with the presence of the official from the region, and the SNOW TRAC was there for that reason. Το present and to demonstrate the general activity of the ST4 in the area.
I dont have the documents yet ....the photos

.....to be continued ......ok

Nikos

nikos

Nikos, I see the red cross on your ST4. Do you provide ambulance transportation too?

I am member in the local Mountain Naturalist Climbers Club, and the ST4, sometimes work for the needs of the Club. (Εmergency Shelters)

In our club we decide to make a team...only for the winter time.
A team to prepare and to be able to respond to emergencies by coordinate
of CIVIL PROTECTION TEAMS, for natural, (environment damages) or Man made disaster ....only in Winter. ok Just in Case.

So same of the organizations like the Local Team in Red Cross, organized meeting with our members only to practice in the First Aid, as a volunteer.
The same meeting with the National Guard team, in the mountain.

Anyway because of the performance of the Snow Trac and all the properties and characteristics of the team we are a little bit famous among the other mountain club in the area.

Nikos.

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    42 KB · Views: 155
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    77.3 KB · Views: 140
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    55.5 KB · Views: 138
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    40.9 KB · Views: 140
  • 5.JPG
    5.JPG
    56.8 KB · Views: 138
  • 6.JPG
    6.JPG
    57.9 KB · Views: 140
  • 7.JPG
    7.JPG
    82 KB · Views: 134

nikos

The meeting in the emergency Shelter with the National Guard team, in the mountain area.

Nikos

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    463.4 KB · Views: 147
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    402.1 KB · Views: 144
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    412.8 KB · Views: 143
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    359.2 KB · Views: 139
  • 5.JPG
    5.JPG
    305 KB · Views: 138
  • 6.JPG
    6.JPG
    265.6 KB · Views: 134
  • 7.JPG
    7.JPG
    383.1 KB · Views: 135

nikos

The preparation of our mountaineer team, in the Snow field, and of course after the training is the most difficult part. How to resist the local foods - hot soup with the famous Cheese or Nettle Pie in the tavern.

Nikos.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    111.9 KB · Views: 140
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 138
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    105 KB · Views: 140
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 136
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    145.7 KB · Views: 135

nikos

All these fotos are from the meeting on 26th of January 2017.

Nikos

Sometimes .....A Snow Trac makes huge.....but also so sweet troubles.

Nikos

Attachments

• 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    109.6 KB · Views: 133
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    221.4 KB · Views: 137
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 136
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 137
  • 12.jpg
    12.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 137
  • 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 136
  • 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 137

sno-drifter

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Hi Nikos,

I see the paraglider in post #11. Have you tried flying with skis on? It makes for fantastic landing on the snow.

nikos

Hi Nikos,

I see the paraglider in post #11. Have you tried flying with skis on? It makes for fantastic landing on the snow.

With the paraglider No yet, because No I dont have the experience.
But Jim - airboarder, a friend of mine, he told me so many times about this feeling (The fantastic Landing on the Snow with his snow kite ) and he invite me to take part in his own Snow activities. In the area of the local air port and in the Mt Vitsi.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDxSa3fv808
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gVEcl6TJ4P4

Nikos