• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Rebuilding the Taurus

Rusty Shackleford

Automotive M.D.
SUPER Site Supporter
Well an update on my goings on really includes just the car, so here goes.

Well tonight I went out and enjoyed the warm evening for a little bit and got some detailed pics of the damage, and everything that's getting replaced.
I still can't believe the headlight is only scratched and not smashed, considering the headlight is what shattered the header panel.
The fender dent has been there for a couple years, but I'm getting everything else up front so I'm gonna replace that too.
The radiator fan is pushed back towards the plumbing, I am hoping that will resolve itself with the replacement header panel.

puppyandcar015.jpg

puppyandcar016.jpg

puppyandcar019.jpg

puppyandcar023.jpg

puppyandcar018.jpg

puppyandcar024.jpg

Last edited:

Rusty Shackleford

Automotive M.D.
SUPER Site Supporter
puppyandcar022.jpg

puppyandcar020.jpg

puppyandcar028.jpg

puppyandcar030.jpg

puppyandcar017.jpg

puppyandcar027.jpg

puppyandcar026.jpg

Here's my current parts list..

New from dealer:
All front end clips
Ford Racing front plate Keeping the damaged one as a battle scar
cool.gif

New aftermarket:
Centennials

Used junk parts:
Hood
Bumper
Header panel
Hood hinges
Hood latch
Grille
L&R fenders
RF door if I have the funds leftover
Matching Duratec emblem
Air guide

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
good luck have fun matching that white paint that is about the hadest color to match

Rusty Shackleford

Automotive M.D.
SUPER Site Supporter
good luck have fun matching that white paint that is about the hadest color to match

Not worried about matching anything right now. Within the next few months I am rhinolining the entire underside, as well as lower door jambs and rocker panels. Then the car is getting a fresh coat of paint!

AAUTOFAB1

Bronze Member
SUPER Site Supporter
i hope the headlight is OK. but once you get it out you will most likely find the attachment pins and adjusters are broken, not to say you can't use it it will just be loose. hard to find used ones that are not already damaged. and they are pricey:flowers:

Rusty Shackleford

Automotive M.D.
SUPER Site Supporter
Getting a pair of brand new Centennials for $105 shipped :D

Damn nice headlights. Black chrome inside, one year only. Ford's 100th anniversary edition cars came with these.

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002NAMJCM/ref=gno_cart_title_5"]Amazon.com: Ford Taurus (Centennial Edition) Replacement Headlight Assembly - 1-Pair: Automotive[/ame]

TOMLESCOEQUIP

Just Plinkin Away the $$
oh I will! You can be sure of that :D

Or you could just replace it with one of these:

(Prolly cost about the same as those two headlites you were lookin' at !)

The New 2013 Ford

Renault and Ford have joined forces to create the perfect small car for
women.

Mixing the Renault 'Clio' and the Ford 'Taurus' they have designed the
'Clitaurus'.

It comes in pink, and the average male car thief won't be able
to find it - let alone turn it on - even if someone tells him where it is
and how to do it.

Rumor has it though, that it leaks transmission fluid once a month, and can
be a real bitch to start in the morning! Some have reported that on cold
winter mornings, when you really need it, you can't get it to turn over.

New models are initially fun to own, but very costly to maintain, and
horribly expensive to get rid of. Used models may initially appear to have
curb appeal and a low price, but eventually have an increased appetite for
fuel, and the curb weight typically increases with age. Manufacturers are
baffled as to how the size of the trunk increases, but say that the paint
may just make it LOOK bigger.

This model is not expected to reach collector status. Most owners find it is
best to lease one, and replace it each year.

Attachments

• Clitcar.jpg
    Clitcar.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 160

Rusty Shackleford

Automotive M.D.
SUPER Site Supporter
Fuck that. I like to pass those things on the highway at about a buck 30, and watch them fly across the road from the breeze :yum::yum::yum:

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
I didn't see a ProStock Hood Scoop in that parts list. It would go real nice with those awesome looking Centennials you are putting on. :biggrin:

Rusty Shackleford

Automotive M.D.
SUPER Site Supporter
I didn't see a ProStock Hood Scoop in that parts list. It would go real nice with those awesome looking Centennials you are putting on. :biggrin:

TR, a hood scoop would be unnecessary.

Yet. :whistling:

Gimme a couple months to track down a 4.6 Intech from a Lincoln and we'll be in business.

Galvatron

Spock and Galvatron < one and the same
Ok Sir Rusty...i have been out of the loop so tell me how you gave the gay car a dodgy face lift to start with????

I have a feeling this will be a fun yet long story:yum::yum::yum:

Rusty Shackleford

Automotive M.D.
SUPER Site Supporter
So here I sit, all geared up for the day off tomorrow, to go sweat myself to death to grab the parts out of the junkyard and rebuild the Taurus Saturday. Headlights came in, or so I thought. Once I heard the UPS asshole drop the box on the ground, I knew this wasn't going to go well. ONE FUCKING HEADLIGHT! NOT the pair I ordered, ONE ONE ONE!!!!! Now this puts me in a bad mood. Those bastards in California better overnight the other one to me, at their cost, and it BETTER be here tomorrow even if it has to come by a fucking wagon train. I am NOT happy about this. And yes, I checked, there is only supposed to be one package. 1 of 1 it says right there on the box. Now I am waiting for a return frickin email from them because there is no contact phone number. 'Your email will be returned within 1-2 business days, usually within a couple hours.' Yeah, we'll see.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Probably back ordered the other one from China. Give it a month or two.:whistling::yum:

Rusty Shackleford

Automotive M.D.
SUPER Site Supporter
No I've paid already. Billed and shipped. Now where is the other headlight, I wonder? Well, they operate out of California, so MY guess is the Mexicans they have running the shipping department can't read fucking english on the picking slip.

Rusty Shackleford

Automotive M.D.
SUPER Site Supporter
OK I feel a little better now. The asspipe UPS moron sent the other one somewhere else and I had to go get it. But both lights are here, and look good. But still, you can understand my concern when the package said 1 of 1...

Rusty Shackleford

Automotive M.D.
SUPER Site Supporter
Gonna be stylin' there dude. I love black chrome. My Sonata has a black chrome grille and that put me over the top when deciding.

Gotta sees some pics when those eyeballs are installed.

I'll have a bunch of pics this weekend. Hoping the black front end I found is complete and intact. That would work with an idea I have floating in my brain...

Rusty Shackleford

Automotive M.D.
SUPER Site Supporter
Fuck me that was a chore!

But I got most of my parts. Didn't find a bumper to suit me, but got most everything else.

This pretty little number gimme her header panel:

parts1.jpg

This unfortunate black beauty gimme her hood and grille:

parts2.jpg

Strapped 'em down and came on home:

parts3.jpg

Ta-da! Work shall begin as soon as the temp drops below boiling:

parts.jpg

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Yep! It is too hot to be grabbing onto hot metal parts. Squirt some water on them later to cool them off. Then the bugs can bite you as you work on it.:whistling: