• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

1969 Tucker ISO drive sprockets new to site

Cdigioia5

IMG_0786.jpg

IMG_0790.jpg

IMG_0788.jpg

IMG_0791.jpg

IMG_0785.jpg

I thought it would be worth a try to see if anyone has a set or two of drive sprockets for our Snocat. If not will be sending to falline to have them recoated. Any info on life expectancy on recoated sprockets would be helpful.
I hope pics came through first time user
Thank You
Cynthia

Cidertom

Chionophile
GOLD Site Supporter
Welcome to the site!

Get prices from falline, and then call tucker if you haven't already. Before you make decision.

Cdigioia5

Thank You is there a parts manual available for this Sno cat? I looked through the uploads and couldn't find one for this model. It is currently in the shop due to clutch failure and it is becoming a guessing game for our mechanic. Take off part compare to new parts ect

Cidertom

Chionophile
GOLD Site Supporter
There be wiser and more reliable sources of info than I. But, call tucker and ask. I'm pretty certain though that your track assembly is much later than original equipment. They might be able to help you with that as well. Have data plate info handy when you call.

Logger1965

GOLD Site Supporter
Welcome, good looking cat most of the parts are readily available at any good parts store, mostly swap over to Dodge pick-ups of the same vintage.

Blackfoot Tucker

GOLD Site Supporter
There be wiser and more reliable sources of info than I. But, call tucker and ask. I'm pretty certain though that your track assembly is much later than original equipment. They might be able to help you with that as well. Have data plate info handy when you call.

I agree with Tom that the tracks and carriers are likely from a later machine. My impression is that as Tucker transitioned from pontoons and steel tracks to rubber belts and carriers they also changed from using Dodge 1/2 ton corporate axles to Dana 60 axles. Some machines were hybrids in that they used the Dodge axles, but also carriers and belts. I think Track Addict's 1443 is one of those.

I'm reluctant to offer an opinion because I'm not sure what you have, and I hope you can understand that. Generally, having the data plate information handy when you call Tucker is helpful, but as the machine has probably been modified from its as-built configuration, they will likely need some photos and measurements to get you the right parts. I recommend you speak with Jeff Godard at Tucker. Though he works in sales, he was the parts and service manager beforehand. He is hugely knowledgeable, and very generous with his time. In short; he's a great guy!

I've never bought parts from Fall Line in Reno, however based upon recent reports from other forum members, I have enough concerns that I won't buy from them.

Welcome to the forum!!!

Mill666er

SUPER Site Supporter
I have the same sprockets with 6 boogie carriers on my 1981 543HD with the Dana 60’s but have the 4 band setup. It appears that the worn out sprockets were recasts and I haven’t seen any worn that bad before. It doesn’t look like there is enough material on the back side to rotate them inner/outer.

bd1a49f4ad733ae826c23880453917c9.jpg

The cat had a few new recasts sprockets when I bought it so I made a template for future use.

bf6971a5fb2b10c94073191c087d4ab9.jpg

Cdigioia5

Thank You, info helps a lot. I asked my co/worker to visit Tucker Medford in a few weeks to pick up a set. We will also have a set recoated just to have spares in the shop. We are new to the Snocat world and only have had the cat for a year. Our first long haul to the cabin we discovered some mechanical issues, so it is getting an overhaul at a local shop. (Lost clutch in a snowstorm Medicine Lake Highlands makes its own weather :) I have a feeling if someone has spares you hang on to them

Cidertom

Chionophile
GOLD Site Supporter
I have a feeling if someone has spares you hang on to them

yep, Either for your cat, or trade stock for something else you might need.

The other thing I have done is start a book on part numbers, crosses, what parts worked, which didn't (and why). One caution about parts manual part numbers: Someone may have been there before you, and your cat was modified to fit the new part, not the other way around.

Have fun, stay safe.

Track Addict

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
That cat has the same Tucker carrier upgrade I have. I believe the cat was originally a groomer in Bow, NH and was converted many moons ago. Went to the prior owner's shop for repair and they decided that it was time for a new groomer vs investing any more money. Tom eventually did the work and got it to the point you have it. Dodge 8 3/4 rear end with the short axles.

One thing I thought he told me is he changed the gearing in the differentials for running on the lake for more speed. That cat may not be geared as low as it needs to be for your use. Thinking on hills you would have increased clutch work vs an icy always flat lake.

This is a link to the parts manual that will have the carrier and axle parts. Once you get to the clutch and master that might be more along the lines of a 442 Manual. Both are here:

Track and carrier first few pages: http://www.goldcordmine.com/manuals/Tucker/Tucker 1342(75).pdf

442A manual: http://www.goldcordmine.com/manuals/Tucker/Pontoon Models 300A thru 900A.pdf

Track Addict

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Another thing to look at is you carrier wear. As they wear the sprockets go into the track grousers at and angle. Eventually they rub the edge of the track which would wear down the side of the sprockets. Check the axle end play make sure the sprocket does not move in and out.

Cdigioia5

Thank You for info, forwarded to our mechanic for him to look at.... snowing on the hill hope to have her back out in next couple weeks...