• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Stolen Tuckers East Coast

Track Addict

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Spoke with a fellow Tucker owner up in Maine the other day. He scooped up the 69 442A for sale months ago and found the 53 I just got. Hopefully he joins us on the board one day?

Storage yard called him and asked if he turned the tucker around in the barn. He said no which meant someone else did. Owner went up to find a truck covered in mud parked close by. Tracks leading down to the field where it was stuck and back to where the Tucker is parked. They also drove over and killed a fawn so must have been a night time mission.

Tucker was hot wired and now is crab walking because I assume they bent the shaft piston to turn table turning with out moving.

Unit has been moved home but WTF.

This makes the third tucker I know back east that has been stolen.

What is wrong with people? Is this an east coast asshole trait?

Track Addict

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
He took the high road and walked away. The place was free storage way up Maine where his camp is. I believe the joyriders with the truck were locals there. Packed it up hauled it south to home. .

Prob best idea.

Sno Buzzard

Joyriders rent the house in front of the storage facility, believe this was a case of drunk and stupid or probably mostly stupid, as for the truck they got it out and still hasn't moved hopefully they broke something really expensive. I didn't figure there was much point in trying to deal with this type of mentality probably just wind me up some more. Storage owner presented himself as being pretty P.O.d, may have just been a good show he hasn't evicted them yet. Cops couldn't do anything not enough evidence, apparently following the Tucker tracks to where the truck was stuck and back then following the truck tracks back to the mud covered truck sitting in the dooryard didn't indicate they were the ones that had taken it. She's back home now safe and sound and my wife is probably getting sick of hearing how beautiful she is (the Tucker) every time I pull in the drive way. She'll be under lock and key (again the Tucker) next week and back home in October to start overhauling all the major components, leaving the cosmetics alone for now. Working with a local machine shop to start making new connector links, also hoping maybe to get some help finding some grousers and rollers here on the forum. Track Addict has been pushing me to use the Forum so I'm giving it a whirl.

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Welcome to the forum buzzard, that east coast borrow my tucker curse syndrome is sketchy at best. your story is the second *borrowed tucker* story I have read about on here. Crappy people for sure. Would like to meet the parents.....

I can say that in my not so intelligent youth, I have put myself in some *over couraged* life threatening situations. I have utilized some forestry equipment to pluck a truck out of a river.... Sub zero, extreme exposure, Alcohol induced bravery, all contributing to the stupidity..... I however put the machinery back where it was found in the condition it was (borrowed in) and left a note. I have a short fuse with todays youth as the respect part of being young and dumb seems to have eroded. Sorry to hear of your roughed up equipment, Karma is a bitch and they will get theres....

Mike

Sno Buzzard

If youth was a part of this equation, this would be easier to understand and I probably would have made a visit to the parents but this was pure adult stupidity magnified by alcohol. Hopefully they don't breed the kids wouldn't stand a chance.

undy

Do I understand correctly that the mud-covered truck apparently belongs to the Tucker-thief/s?

I wonder whether the local constabulary would be able to figure out who-dunnit if that truck was some day found upside down? (Mind you, I'm not suggesting that you do that. I'm just wondering...):whistling:

FWIW, I don't think you have a monopoly on thieves out there. Last fall I when I started up my cat, it fired, and then died. Zero gas left in the tank. It was not parked that way. I guess I ought to be thankful that they left the cat.

It sucks, but we move on, 'cause it's the only choice we've got.

Sno Buzzard

That is correct. A couple of friends of mine are pretty big boys not the type to be messed with and they had suggested we go make a personal appearance, though I kinda liked the idea, as well as the upside down truck idea, I thought better of it figuring my luck the the local constabulary would have the placed staked out for some other reason and I'd be the one making the papers.
The guys that drained your fuel tank were probably concerned that you hadn't put any fuel stabilizer in the tank, so they figured they'd save you the hassles so you wouldn't have to struggle with bad fuel, (nice guys):yankchain: