• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Temps are finally dropping

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Over 100 degrees earlier today, now its closer to 80. Tonight is projected to be in the 70's and the high for Sunday is only 82.

I feel sorry for the folks to the east of here, you will get what we had today tomorrow. I think we've had 5 straight days over 100 and humid here in NW Indiana. Its a great relief to see a 20 degree drop. Wouldn't mind a little rain.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Glad to hear you temps are dropping. That triple digit stuff is just too much. The older you get the less tolerant of it one gets as well.

Northern New England has been great. Low 80's during the day. High 60's at night. Great sleeping weather without having to run the A/C.

Cowboy

Wait for it.
GOLD Site Supporter
Over 100 degrees earlier today, now its closer to 80. Tonight is projected to be in the 70's and the high for Sunday is only 82.

I feel sorry for the folks to the east of here, you will get what we had today tomorrow. I think we've had 5 straight days over 100 and humid here in NW Indiana. Its a great relief to see a 20 degree drop. Wouldn't mind a little rain.
What about those that are west of you? :sad:

Were on day 15 of triple digit temps and its still 100 degrees out right now, the only difference is we are used to it. :biggrin:

I either need AC in my golfcart while checking the mail, or a much shorter drive to the mailbox. :doh:

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter

Thank God!
I'll sit and wait for the Hoosier Cool to come this way.
:w00t2:
So it is written, so it shall be done LOL

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
This time last year we had already started our 40 consecutive day run of 100+ degree temps. I think we ended up having 66 days of over 100. Jeez, I hope we don't get a repeat this year because that was really hard to deal with.

This year hasn't been quite so bad. We've only had a few days over 100. It's mainly been running in the mid 90's but the humidity has been really high making it pretty miserable. But as people say, it's summer in Texas, what do you expect?.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Walked outside with the dogs this morning and it did NOT feel like I walked into an oven. I did NOT immediately start sweating. I did NOT have to grasp for a water bottle when I reentered the house.

Its a NORMAL summer morning in Indiana. FINALLY!!! :flowers:

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
And now its RAINING.

Some parts of my state are under drought conditions. Here in NW Indiana the corn is tall and green so I'm guessing we are not in drought. Not that we've had plentiful rain, we have not. And its been brutally hot (at least for us non Texans). The flowers in pots that the lovely Mrs Bob has planted have needed regular watering, but the grass has not gone dormant. So while we may be below average in rain, we are not drought. Still this little burst from the skies is going to be welcome by most.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
We got a little bit of rain yesterday but the temps are nice this morning.(68) Going to about 80 and even cooler for the first few days this week.:clap::clap::clap:

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
It's noon and 90 here in East Texas. That's supposed to be the high for today and they might be right about the rain. It's starting to cloud up. We live in hope.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Was very nice this morning, then this afternoon it got up to around the high for the day... 86.
You know it's been HOT when you walk outside and say "god damn this feels GREAT" with that temp and 56% humidity.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I am down to igloo temp inside, outside it's currently 71 .. dropping, so they say to 64.

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
And now its RAINING.

Some parts of my state are under drought conditions. Here in NW Indiana the corn is tall and green so I'm guessing we are not in drought. Not that we've had plentiful rain, we have not. And its been brutally hot (at least for us non Texans). The flowers in pots that the lovely Mrs Bob has planted have needed regular watering, but the grass has not gone dormant. So while we may be below average in rain, we are not drought. Still this little burst from the skies is going to be welcome by most.

The corn is tall and green here as well. This time of year if your lawn is dormant, and temps are in the 100's, the corn crop is being hurt. Pollination is a one shot deal. Without it occuring favorably the crop yeild will be deminished, no two ways around this. Just a matter of how much, and this dependant upon rainfall comming soon.

Regards, Kirk

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Mid 70's today. Lots of sunshine and very low dewpoints. Lows forecast tonight into the mid 40's!!!!!! No rain predicted at the moment out to the next 7 days. Time to wash the truck.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Mowed most of the lawn area yesterday in the 'back to normal' temps. Today it's in the 70's again so I'll probably mow the field area out back that I reclaimed from the farmer.