• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

name the new puppy

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
we lost our little puppy earlyer this year her name was coccopuff which fit her personality well. her mother willow had to go back to savoonga where we got her from will had become the town slutt every time she went out she came home pregnent well as luck would have it didn't take willow long to get knocked up back in savoonga and on christmas day she delivered another litter one of the pups a male was brown like cocopuff so we had dibbs on him we had planned to wait till willow started to ween the pups but 2 nights ago the kids took her out to do her thing and a large rabbid dog running loose killed her so now the puppy at just a week old will be comming in hope we can make this work with a bottle i just can't come up with a good name for him i thaught maybe olly north or g-gorden but i was hoping you all could throw out some nice manly names for hin the 5 year old wants rosco after his favorite tv show the dukes of hazzard the older boy dosn't want it so please trhow out some suggestions.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I like Rosco.
A couple other suggestions:
Frodo
Billbo Baggins ( I like to give them a two name name )
Spike Lee
Sloopy

Good luck nursing the pup through these early weeks. That will be a chore for sure. maybe the best name for him would be:
Survivor Alaska :D

Adillo303

Diesel Truck Fan
GOLD Site Supporter
A pix would be helpful. Considering where you live and how much you seem to like being out in your ST, how about snow cone?

Snowtrac Nome

GOLD Site Supporter
i like bocephus,rufus and euclid i also thaught og oddball timmy loves kellys heros if my wife sees bilbo the naming is done between harry potter and lord of the rings those are 2 of her favorites i think i have seen them 2 more than the clint eastwood movies that i love and i have eastwood on dvd i also thaught of buck from call of the wild but buck dosn't seam to fit a lap dog too well

MuskokaGirl

Oh my I feel so sorry for you and your family, loosing such pupps like that!!! I am horrible with names tho..sorry I cannot be of much help :p

Snowtrac Nome

GOLD Site Supporter
i miss cocopuff she was a great little dog with a nice personality we feel bad that we let willow go now but she was a hard core house dog didn't like to go camping and even turned up her nose at raw meat i feel so bad that bad things happened to her and now i'm betting most of her pupps will also die because she's not there to nurse them.

Snowtrac Nome

GOLD Site Supporter
the new puppy made the 200 mile flight in from savoonga out on st laurence island it's still a democrat (it's eyes havn't opened up yet ) and we have been nursing it off a bottle now the big dog was named general Macarther so in keeping with tradition i named the little one ike i tried some of the other suggested names than my wife started in with names from lord of the rings that's when i came up with ike and put my foot down every one agreed it was a good name that fit with the theme of names we had for our male dogs.

Attachments

• general ike 003.jpg
    general ike 003.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 79
  • general ike 004.jpg
    general ike 004.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 81
  • general ike 005.jpg
    general ike 005.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 82

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Don, Just be careful the kids don't aspirate the pup holding it like that. They need to pull the bottle away from it several times each feeding to help it digest it.

Snowtrac Nome

GOLD Site Supporter
it's pretty good about spitting out the niple to catch some air i seams to be the position it likes to eat in although every now and again he gets some milk in its nese and has to sneeze a bit to clear it out about every hour he wakes up wanting something to eat.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Cute pup. Good luck with him. Ike. I like it!!! :thumb: :D