• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Magical Wood Machine made by Santa

Deadly Sushi

The One, The Only, Sushi
SUPER Site Supporter
This is a video of an all wooden machine made by a 70-year old man named Del who may or may not be Santa Claus. It contains absolutely no metal whatsoever and displays virtually ever method of mechanical motion, all in a single machine. Sure it doesn't actually do anything, but who cares, it's freaking awesome. Santa even used a variety of different wood to make the thing, including: maple, black walnut, pine, oak, cherry, hickory, and morning. Wow! :biggrin:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7ziwuIpnVY"]YouTube - Del's Beautiful New Wooden Machine[/ame]

Erik

SelfBane
Site Supporter
I shudder to think about how he may have included "morning wood" into the creation.
hopefully that means something less graphic to you than the definition I'm familiar with...

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I shudder to think about how he may have included "morning wood" into the creation.
hopefully that means something less graphic to you than the definition I'm familiar with...
Thwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack!!
Remember the rules? LOL!!

Oooooooooooooh, hey! I think this just might be Santa!
What a neat little invention there.
Where can I get one?
Kasey (grand daughter) would love to have something like this.

Bobcat

Je Suis Charlie Hebdo
GOLD Site Supporter
What if....just what if...you and your granddaughter tried to build something yourselves instead of merely 'getting' one?

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
What if....just what if...you and your granddaughter tried to build something yourselves instead of merely 'getting' one?
That would be a great idea Bob.:wub:
She loves spending time with Nana, and I'd have all the tools I'd need if I got the plans and stuff to use the brother in law's shop.
Hmmmmm something to consider.
Besides, he could help us. lol

Bobcat

Je Suis Charlie Hebdo
GOLD Site Supporter
Doesn't even matter if it works when you're done, she'll still remember the time she helped grandma build something.

I remember going to the junk pile on my grandmothers 10acre farm. We'd grab an old wagon or chair from the pile and spend the week refinishing it. Those are two examples I remember off the top of my head. The wagon use to be my uncles. We banged the dents out of it, repainted it, changed out the broken wheels, and stenciled a new name on the side. Then I got to use it for play and even hauling up more broken stuff from the junk pile. Another time we repaired an old wooden chair, stripped and stained it, re-upholstered the seat, and added a tie-on cushion for the wooden back slats. She placed it prominently in her living room and that was where I sat whenever I came to visit from then on.

These are the things your granddaughter will remember long after the things you've bought for her have faded from memory.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Doesn't even matter if it works when you're done, she'll still remember the time she helped grandma build something.

I agree!

I remember going to the junk pile on my grandmothers 10acre farm. We'd grab an old wagon or chair from the pile and spend the week refinishing it. Those are two examples I remember off the top of my head. The wagon use to be my uncles. We banged the dents out of it, repainted it, changed out the broken wheels, and stenciled a new name on the side. Then I got to use it for play and even hauling up more broken stuff from the junk pile. Another time we repaired an old wooden chair, stripped and stained it, re-upholstered the seat, and added a tie-on cushion for the wooden back slats. She placed it prominently in her living room and that was where I sat whenever I came to visit from then on.
Awwwwwwwww!!!!!!!:wub:

These are the things your granddaughter will remember long after the things you've bought for her have faded from memory.
You got that right darling...

mtntopper

Back On Track
SUPER Site Supporter

Now, I understand your total obsession with Kristi Snow Cats and trying to make them actually operational and be able to run on/in the snow. Great training inspired from early childhood days spent looking for spare parts in the junkyard for your other little red wagon.....:mrgreen:

When my grandson is up visiting us, he finds projects much like you did in my junk laying around. He has a great time tinkering, building and modifying things to his way of thinking they should work. Hands on experience building things, repairing and making things work again is a great builder of character and confidence in people. Sometimes something that has no real function can have great meaning and inspiration as in the video.

fogtender

Now a Published Author
Site Supporter
That guy has way too much time on his hands! But looks like it was fun to build. Will end up in some museum somewhere as some kind something that nobody knows what the function is in about a hundred years....