• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Saying Goodbye...

OhioTC18

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
12 years ago we had decided that we needed another cat. I went to a rescue agency and played around with a bunch of cats for hours. Did this on multiple days. I had noticed one female cat that was never out of her cage but seemed to always want attention. Sweet little girl when I took her out of her cage to play. Turns out she was not real good when she was turned out with other cats. Well, I adopted her anyway. She was a hellion when I got her home. Chasing the existing cat, biting and fighting. After 3-4 weeks of seeing injured and bloody cats, one of them had to go. My M-I-L was having an issue with mice during the winter, so she agreed to take her to her house. She was the ideal pet as long as she was the only one in the house. Great companion for the M-I-L who lived alone. Whenever I would walk in the house she would come running and want attention. Last week she began to go into heart failure. Long story, but things did not go well. We agreed to bury her here at our house as the apartment complex where M-I-L lives would not allow it.
So, tonight I just wanted to say Good Bye to Cissy.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Sorry for your loss Jerry.

I think we have a relative of Cissy's here. We call her Sassy, a name she earned over and over. She's 5 now, and mellowed some, but she's still Sassy. Her whole name is Sassy Cybil Cyrus (Cybil after the girl who had 17 separate personalities) (can't comment on why the Cyrus .... and inside joke).

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Well that just sucks :snow2_smi: ! Its like losing a close friend for me .

I got this old mangy ,no good for nothin ,rotten smelling ,bad tempered pure bred Spinger Spaniel that I adopted after a good friend was killed in a plane accident . I got him at 1 1/2 and now he is 12 . He can't hear , barks at nothing there and is as stone deaf as they come . I'm gunna miss that old flea bag .

Junkman

Extra Super Moderator
Damn....... that strikes a chord with me. I hate the thought of loosing any of my pets, and it even gets me when a friends pet dies. I feel your pain. I don't think that a day goes by that I don't think about one of my past pets, especially Chloe. I know that many people say that they don't want another, but it sure does help to eliminate the hurt when a new kitten comes into the home. Surprise her with a cute, cuddly kitten and hopefully all will be well. People with pets live longer lives..... Junk..

dzalphakilo

Banned
I know that many people say that they don't want another, but it sure does help to eliminate the hurt when a new kitten comes into the home. Surprise her with a cute, cuddly kitten and hopefully all will be well. People with pets live longer lives..... Junk..

On top of that, it could also give another animal a chance at a wonderful life that they (the unwanted animal) would never of known.

Sincere sympathies, I know what the loss of a good pet can mean.

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
Damn....... that strikes a chord with me. I hate the thought of loosing any of my pets, and it even gets me when a friends pet dies. I feel your pain. I don't think that a day goes by that I don't think about one of my past pets, especially Chloe. I know that many people say that they don't want another, but it sure does help to eliminate the hurt when a new kitten comes into the home. Surprise her with a cute, cuddly kitten and hopefully all will be well. People with pets live longer lives..... Junk..

Well said Junk!

fogtender

Now a Published Author
Site Supporter

Very touching and reminds one of the friendship with our pets, that are more like family... I miss my Britney Spaniel "Buster" who was a best friend more than a dog, he has been gone for 14 years.:respect:

OhioTC18

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Thanks Everyone,
Even though she only terrorized our house for a few short weeks, I saw her alot over the last 12 years. She was always a sweety, as long as she was the only cat in the house, and lived 16 years.
I don't know if a kitten would be appropriate for the M-I-L or not, but she definitely will get another cat, and it will be a rescue once again.
We have access to several shelters around here, not just the pet mills. I'm sure she'll try to pick a cat around 3-5 years old that no one wants anymore.

P

Pigtails

Jerry, Sorry for your loss. We have lost alot of family pets in our years together. Each one has a special little place in our hearts and will never be forgotten. I'll say a little prayer for her tonight.. take care.

JayC

Huh?
I'm sorry to hear that. It is one of the hardest things to do is to lose a pet. We had a 20 year-old cat die on the 23rd, too. The 23rd was also the date my grandfather died. What a lucky date, huh? The cat we had was 20, but we didn't get her until she was 6. Still, after 14 years, it leaves an empty void not seeing her where she "should" be. You have my condolences. :(

Galvatron

Spock and Galvatron < one and the same
12 years ago we had decided that we needed another cat. I went to a rescue agency and played around with a bunch of cats for hours. Did this on multiple days. I had noticed one female cat that was never out of her cage but seemed to always want attention. Sweet little girl when I took her out of her cage to play. Turns out she was not real good when she was turned out with other cats. Well, I adopted her anyway. She was a hellion when I got her home. Chasing the existing cat, biting and fighting. After 3-4 weeks of seeing injured and bloody cats, one of them had to go. My M-I-L was having an issue with mice during the winter, so she agreed to take her to her house. She was the ideal pet as long as she was the only one in the house. Great companion for the M-I-L who lived alone. Whenever I would walk in the house she would come running and want attention. Last week she began to go into heart failure. Long story, but things did not go well. We agreed to bury her here at our house as the apartment complex where M-I-L lives would not allow it.

sorry for your loss m8.....heres to cissy.

OhioTC18

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
For any of you who may have lost a pet and would like a marker or memorial for them, you really need to check out House of Plaques. This guy is super to deal with. This is the second time we have ordered from him, the first was for my "Nephew" Boomer in Redbud, IL. I would highly recommend Joe, just tell him Boomer and Cissy sent you. He'll email you with different fonts for you to choose and then make up your design anyway you want it. Then he emails the layout to you to approve before he does it.