• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

trivia 10/23

JenKennings

Occupant; CatBird Seat
SUPER Site Supporter
trivia 10/23
DID YOU KNOW...
The first 'practical' lawn mower was invented by Elwood McGuire of Richmond, Indiana, in the 1890s. He attached sharp blades to a rotating reel, with a cutting bed at the center. The first power mower was Moto-Mower, invented by Edward George in 1919, and run on gasoline.

1. ICE word; (for the newbie, [welcome lujak!] the ICE word is one that ends with ice, usually a six-letter word)
A desire to cause harm........
2. What was the name of the brown-bear teacher of Mowgli in Rudyard Kipling's "The
Jungle Book"?
3. Which "Batman" TV villain was played by Art Carney?
4. Which country hosted the 1998 Winter Olympic Games?
5. Which of the world's countries is largest in land area?
6. What is grocer A&P's more formal name?
7. How many quarts of beer does a half-barrel keg hold?
8. Who played the role of Dobie Gillis in the 50's sit-com?
TRUTH OR CRAP ??
Albert Einstein fled the Nazis for the USA during WWII.
1. Malice
2. baloo
3. the archer
4. japan
5. RUSSIA
6. GREAT ATLANTIC AND PACIFIC TEA COMPANY
7. sixty-two
8. DWAYNE HICKMAN
CRAP !!
Einstein left Germany in 1933, when Hitler was just coming to power. He and his wife
Elsa settled in Princeton, New Jersey, and Einstein was sworn in as a U.S. citizen on
October 1, 1940. He was already world famous by the time he emigrated, having
published his most famous works and won a Nobel Prize.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
1, 2, and 5 plus T or C.

I should have got #7 but I guess that I'm too tired. I screwed up the arithmetic. :hammer::hammer: