• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

PP Sex Selection Abortion on demand!

Catavenger

SUPER Site Supporter
I have seen that some of you here have quotes from Ayn Rand. Here is another quote by Rand:

"Never mind the vicious nonsense of claiming that an embryo has a 'right to life.' A piece of protoplasm has no rights—and no life in the human sense of the term. One may argue about the later stages of a pregnancy, but the essential issue concerns only the first three months. To equate a potentialwith an actual, is vicious; to advocate the sacrifice of the latter to the former, is unspeakable. . .. Observe that by ascribing rights to the unborn, i.e., the nonliving, the anti-abortionists obliterate the rights of the living: the right of young people to set the course of their own lives. The task of raising a child is a tremendous, lifelong responsibility, which no one should undertake unwittingly or unwillingly. Procreation is not a duty: human beings are not stock-farm animals. For conscientious persons, an unwanted pregnancy is a disaster; to oppose its termination is to advocate sacrifice, not for the sake of anyone’s benefit, but for the sake of misery qua misery, for the sake of forbidding happiness and fulfillment to living human beings."

That's from: http://aynrandlexicon.com/lexicon/abortion.html In my opinion you can't support Ayn Rand and be anti-abortion.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
I have seen that some of you here have quotes from Ayn Rand. Here is another quote by Rand:

"Never mind the vicious nonsense of claiming that an embryo has a 'right to life.' A piece of protoplasm has no rights—and no life in the human sense of the term. One may argue about the later stages of a pregnancy, but the essential issue concerns only the first three months. To equate a potentialwith an actual, is vicious; to advocate the sacrifice of the latter to the former, is unspeakable. . .. Observe that by ascribing rights to the unborn, i.e., the nonliving, the anti-abortionists obliterate the rights of the living: the right of young people to set the course of their own lives. The task of raising a child is a tremendous, lifelong responsibility, which no one should undertake unwittingly or unwillingly. Procreation is not a duty: human beings are not stock-farm animals. For conscientious persons, an unwanted pregnancy is a disaster; to oppose its termination is to advocate sacrifice, not for the sake of anyone’s benefit, but for the sake of misery qua misery, for the sake of forbidding happiness and fulfillment to living human beings."

That's from: http://aynrandlexicon.com/lexicon/abortion.html In my opinion you can't support Ayn Rand and be anti-abortion.

I would have to agree with you here.
On this and several issues, Ann Rand sounds like a parrot to Margaret Sangor.:hammer:

squerly

Supported Ben Carson
GOLD Site Supporter

There are many writers that I enjoy and that I think have a lot of wisdom, but that doesn’t mean everything they say (or write) is gospel. The same goes for quotes from Ayn Rand. You take what you want from the writings of an author, and disregard the rest. It’s what the writer puts on paper that makes your own mind work, and in that you discover things about the world around you and what makes you yourself tick. You have a hard on for Ayn and I’m not sure why. But it doesn’t matter, that’s your prerogative.

Kane

In my opinion you can't support Ayn Rand and be anti-abortion.
Sure you can. I like (support) Elton John, but I'm not queer.

But to support sex selection abortion on demand could very well lead to an all-male population within three generations. Scary. By then it may be of benefit to be queer.

loboloco

I consider abortion to be infanticide.
I consider sex based abortions to be especially abhorrent.
To be fair, Rand was, in this article, discussing the first trimester, not the extended time abortions, which she admits can be argued.
I disagree with her contention that providing rights to the unborn deny others their rights. It just prevents unnecessary killings.
Many people support abortion rights without agreeing with Sanger's agenda.