• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Anyone making their Christmas/ Hanukkah gifts?

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
I started my personal gifts 6 months ago (May 14, 2010), and will be bottling and labeling it this weekend. This is what it looked like after 3 months of fermentation. When my camera battery charges up I'll take a current picture. It's made with 40% alcohol with Madagascar vanilla beans, and no additives like the stuff you buy in the store. Each gift bottle will have a piece of vanilla bean in it to continue adding flavor.

P1020785.jpg

Cowboy

Wait for it.
GOLD Site Supporter
I,m just finishing up the restoration of my wifes 1968 harley davidson golfcart . I,m hoping to get the seats back from the upholsterers today & get them installed . Then I still have to pinstripe it , make wood stake sides for it & install the baby moon hubcaps on the rear , hopefully have it done by christmas . Does that count ? Heres how it looks so far :biggrin:

Attachments

• PB200001.JPG
    PB200001.JPG
    116.5 KB · Views: 38

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
Yep, that qualifies as it's a labor of love for your sweetie. I think the work of our hands has special meaning that a commercial gift cannot compare to (except maybe diamonds!).

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Cowboy, that thing looks like it is brand new. When I first learned to golf they were big on the new courses springing up everywhere. We rented them a few times just for fun but dad like to walk when we played.

Cowboy

Wait for it.
GOLD Site Supporter
Cowboy, that thing looks like it is brand new. When I first learned to golf they were big on the new courses springing up everywhere. We rented them a few times just for fun but dad like to walk when we played.

Thanks Bill :biggrin: . They are fun but also darned handy . I,m in the middle of fixing my gas one up now I,m not trying to make mine all original though . They were both busted up perty bad so they were due for a makeover . :wink:

joec

GOLD Site Supporter
We just had ours rebuilt/reconditioned. They are great and a must have for a storage facility. I have a wagon that pulls behind mine also. Ours is an E-Z Go which is about 15 years old now. I saw a new on at another property in our area last time I did a competition report that was really unique. I have no idea who made it but really looked more like a ride at a futuristic theme park.

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
Here we go. 1.2 liters of Pure Vanilla Extract in 2.3 and 3.3 oz. bottles, ready for wrapping and gift giving to my foodie friends & relatives. I put all the remaining beans from both bottles into one, and I'm going to get another bottle of vodka to make the next batch from these same beans. I'm also going to pick up a lemon and make lemon extract from the peel of 1 large lemon (no white pith) and 4 oz. of vodka. Store in a cool dark place and shake every couple of days. After a month strain into bottles and keep in a cool dark cupboard. Should last at least one year. I use a lot of lemon extract making the frosting for cinnamon buns and a couple other desserts.

P1020964.jpg

Here's a gift a friend of ours made for us for the holidays. It's delicious served in iced glasses. Limoncello

P1020965.jpg

Cheap vodka sure goes a long, long way.