• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Anyone making Christmas cookies?

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
After a dinner of 5-cheese ravioli, sweet Italian sausage and a salad of mixed greens, me and the Mrs. spent 2 hours making cut-out sugar cookies. What a lot of work these puppies were. I made the dough and cut out all the cookies while she iced and decorated them.

P1020974.jpg

P1020975.jpg

This afternoon we also made snowballs, Danish sugar cookies and peanut butter blossoms.

P1020976.jpg

P1020977.jpg

P1020978.jpg

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Nice Joe.
I'm going to be making jammies, iced sugar and peanut butter blossoms next week or so.

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Man that last picture really got me excited . I think I want some !!!:w00t2:You have a real art for cooking, Jev .

Galvatron

Spock and Galvatron < one and the same
I knocked up a batch of Chocolate Brownies yesterday evening...not for me for my Wife and kids...way to rich in choco for me.....not many left now.

Attachments

• SDC11332.jpg
    SDC11332.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 80

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Wife made whoopi pies and chocolate chip cookies and they seem to have disappeared. She took a bunch along to the spay/neuter clinic and I gave some to the Amish boy that helped me with the freezer. Those kids amaze me how they can eat goodies. They like my wife's baking as she makes different things they don't get at home.

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter

SShepherd

DOH:doh:

or is it "dough":biggrin:

wife doesnt like icing, too much sugar ( so I put som blackstrap mollassas in the brownsugar/butter cinnimon filling )

690.jpg

lol, I also tried something different- I used a dinner roll recipe for it ( 2 eggs, 2 cups milk, 1.5 sticks of butter, 1/2c of sugar, 1tbs salt, 1 pkg yeast, 8c flour )

it's a pretty soft dough to work with

DaveNay

Klaatu barada nikto
SUPER Site Supporter
The smell of almond sticks bakiing is one of my fondest childhood memories of Christmas.

That and making shrinkie-dink ornaments.

Cowboy

Wait for it.
GOLD Site Supporter
Looks great Jev , good job . :biggrin:

Nuthin that fancy here but the wifes making oatmeal cookies right now , She puts the dough in the fridge overnite & will bake them tommorow . Shes also makin cinnamon sheet candy , looks better after it cools & she breaks it up . They,ll be 3 more days of making cookies & candy though . :biggrin:

Attachments

• PC050001.JPG
    PC050001.JPG
    122.7 KB · Views: 59
  • PC050002.JPG
    PC050002.JPG
    123.8 KB · Views: 62

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
WOW!!! The foodies are in the spirit today.:clap::clap: The cinnamon rolls look delicious, Shep, and I'll bet they taste great with the blackstrap molasses. You dough is close to mine, but you use a bit more butter than I do...like 3x as much!:w00t2:

Cinnamon Rolls

INGREDIENTS:

1 cup milk (110 degrees F.)
1/4 cup warm water (110 degrees F.)
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract

1/2 cup butter, room temperature
2 eggs, room temperature and beaten
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup sugar
5 cups bread flour
3 teaspoons instant active dry yeast

Cowboy, I haven't had cinnamon candy like that since I was a kid in the 60's when my grandmother made it. Sure brings back a lot of good memories. Oh, and the oatmeal cookies are my favorite. I love to dunk them in icy cold milk.

Hey Dave Nay! I used almond extract in the spritz cookies we made today. Outstanding flavor!