• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

New cigar lounge logo, need some input please

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Here is a link to a non-functioning 'mock up' the home page of my new cigar lounge. LINK => http://lionheartworld.com/1101/

I'm looking for some input on your thoughts of how to improve it.

The links on the page don't work, the working is jibberish, we are simply judging the 'look' of the page, the logo, etc.

One thing I want done is to enlarge the logo at at the top of the page. Other than that I'm pretty happy with the concept. I even like the 50's pin-up girl in the background, its subtle and goes well with the 'cigar culture' that we are trying to create at this lounge.

Thoughts, criticism, advice, etc is appreciated.

BTW, I'm not sure how long the above link will work!

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Looks good to me!

What's the source of the smoke on the right side of the page?

joec

GOLD Site Supporter
Site look great to me Melensdad and that reminds me I've not had a great cigar since my last visit to Cuba in '83. I will say the Cuban population making them in Miami are close though so I guess since I left Miami 9 years ago.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Not sure there is a source!!!

This lounge will be a major departure from the other lounges I have in that this will be more formal setting. My real estate partner came to me and asked to buy into a lounge and help develop a new one. So we are building this one in a much larger setting, with a fireplace, granite counters, fancy woodwork, multiple seating areas, etc. We're obviously going upscale on this one and I'm wanting to make sure that nothing is offensive in the 'look' as well as wanting to make sure that its still distinctive and stands well apart from the casual lounges I own already.

joec

GOLD Site Supporter
Looks good to me!

What's the source of the smoke on the right side of the page?

I've used a smoke filter for Photoshop (and Paint Shop Pro) by that does smoke effects similar to that. My favorites are Alien Skin for quick stuff but nothing better than Auto FX filter for special effects.

Rusty Shackleford

Automotive M.D.
SUPER Site Supporter
looks good! free cigar on opening day, right :yum:

but seriously, i think it looks real good and portrays an enjoyable place to relax. :thumb:

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter
On the cruise ship I was on last week a really nice guy, big time company executive I needed to be friends with, insisted I smoke a cigar with him. He whips out these things that say "Monte Cristo #2" on them and uses his fancy chopper thing on a couple of them and hands me one. What am I to do?! I talk with him about what I needed to cover and gently puff on the long skinny dog turd for about 10 minutes. At that point I excused myself claiming that some of the seafood wasn't setting well with me. I apologize now to the people below deck 11. Since the ship was only going about 5 knots, I left a mark. :sad:

Clearly, as most know, I'm not a smoker. My question is, what was that thing? It didn't smell that bad until it was lit on fire. Being that he is rather well off, I can't imagine him smoking nickle cigars, but that thing was brutal on me. What was it??

Oh, I can't look at your web page just yet. I'm not ready at this point in time. Too soon.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Looks GREAT Bob. Very professional. :thumb:
You might consider adding the phone number and address.

jimbo

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
On the cruise ship I was on last week a really nice guy, big time company executive I needed to be friends with, insisted I smoke a cigar with him. He whips out these things that say "Monte Cristo #2" on them and uses his fancy chopper thing on a couple of them and hands me one. What am I to do?! I talk with him about what I needed to cover and gently puff on the long skinny dog turd for about 10 minutes. At that point I excused myself claiming that some of the seafood wasn't setting well with me. I apologize now to the people below deck 11. Since the ship was only going about 5 knots, I left a mark. :sad:

Clearly, as most know, I'm not a smoker. My question is, what was that thing? It didn't smell that bad until it was lit on fire. Being that he is rather well off, I can't imagine him smoking nickle cigars, but that thing was brutal on me. What was it??

Oh, I can't look at your web page just yet. I'm not ready at this point in time. Too soon.
Correct me if I'm wrong here, Bob, but that Monte #2 is considered (by me), a rather mild cigar. These are made in Honduras and Cuba. If you were outside the US, I would venture a guess that the one you were smoking was of the Cuban variety. Either way, this is around a $8-12 buck smoke. Personally, I rather like them. Work well with 15 year old scotch.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Brent, a Montecristo #2 is one of the most expensive cigars we sell in our shops. Personally I don't like them. Retail on that cigar is in the $12 to $15 range at most shops. Its an amazingly well made cigar, beautiful torpedo shape that is made by the best rollers using the best Colorado Claro wrappers. Sadly for you, its a fairly robust cigar, rated in the medium-full range. That is probably why there was a vomit streak down the side of the ship. For folks who don't smoke cigars, a cigar like that is simply brutal. I smoke several cigars a week and generally don't like cigars like that, while it would not make me vomit, it would probably get me a head buzz/dizzy and that is not high on my agenda of things to do when I smoke. There are different lines of Montecristo, but the #2 is not one I'd consider on the mild end of the scale. But it would likely go well with a good scotch. I find that stronger cigars go very well with stout drinks. Milder cigars with milder drinks. Me, I tend to like cigars that I can drink with good black coffee.

Last edited:

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter
Thanks Bob. I am truly ignorant when it comes to cigars and admit as much. I'm glad you didn't call me a major league wimp. :flowers: If it didn't smell pretty darn good at first, I would have never tried it. It was on about the 3rd puff that I knew I had been dragged out into deep water without my water wings on. :unsure: I didn't intend to speak poorly of the cigar, as I said, who am I to be any sort of a judge on the quality of one. It did sneak up and smack me a good one though. :mellow:

jimbo

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Guess you corrected me before my post came up. The market price around here is at the $10 or 12 mark. I do consider them a mild smoke. On the other hand, I consider Comacho as too strong.

One thing about Monte, they are among the best made cigars I have smoked.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Dargo and Jimbo got me digging on Monte #2s.

Here is one review I found, it is similar to my impressions:
Montecristo. The world's most famous cigar trademark. Originating in Cuba, our Montecristo, now distributed in the U.S., is manufactured by hand in the Dominican Republic. Considered one of the finest cigars on the market, the Montecristo is blended for the true connoisseur. It is a medium to full bodied cigar with a sweet aroma and impeccable construction.

Wrapper: Connecticut Shade
Binder: Dominican
Filler: Blend of Dominican long fillers

Strength: Medium-Full Bodied
Origin: Dominican Republic
Wrapper: Colorado Claro
Shape: Torpedo

And here is another review, this backs up Jimbo's statement that the cigar is fairly mild:
Montecristo #2 Torpedo Natural premium cigars present the legendary Cuban cigar in a mild Dominican 'exile' series that defies comparison to the Havanas. Each rich-tasting cigar sports a silky, golden wrapper that burns beautifully with a marvelously sweet aroma, and the creamy finish tells you you're smoking one of the world's great cigars. A 'must have' for cigar lovers of every experience in a big choice of shapes. Make sure you always have some Montecristo cigars in your humidor. They're just about perfect.

I find the discrepancy odd, most cigar reviews generally get the cigar intensity fairly close. But I found several that rate this cigar mild and several that rate it the way I rated it as stronger. I dunno!

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Guess you corrected me before my post came up. The market price around here is at the $10 or 12 mark. I do consider them a mild smoke. On the other hand, I consider Comacho as too strong.

One thing about Monte, they are among the best made cigars I have smoked.

Prices range state to state as states tax the living hell out of cigars. Some states tax them in the 12-to-20% range, my state taxes them at 24%, other tax them in the 50+% range.

As to construction, they are fabulously well made.

As for Comacho, that is a cigar that kicks my butt. I have smoked a handful of them, never found one that I am man enough to deal with.

jimbo

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Dargo and Jimbo got me digging on Monte #2s.

Here is one review I found, it is similar to my impressions:
Montecristo. The world's most famous cigar trademark. Originating in Cuba, our Montecristo, now distributed in the U.S., is manufactured by hand in the Dominican Republic. Considered one of the finest cigars on the market, the Montecristo is blended for the true connoisseur. It is a medium to full bodied cigar with a sweet aroma and impeccable construction.

Wrapper: Connecticut Shade
Binder: Dominican
Filler: Blend of Dominican long fillers

Strength: Medium-Full Bodied
Origin: Dominican Republic
Wrapper: Colorado Claro
Shape: Torpedo

And here is another review, this backs up Jimbo's statement that the cigar is fairly mild:

I find the discrepancy odd, most cigar reviews generally get the cigar intensity fairly close. But I found several that rate this cigar mild and several that rate it the way I rated it as stronger. I dunno!
Bob: I'm wondering if the Cuban Monte is stronger than the Honduras. I have smoked the Cuban variety years ago, and remember that I was not impressed.

The only way I can help you with the logo is with on site research. I could bring the scotch. We could also discuss the great Monte debate.