• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Durwoods crock pot ....pot roast

Durwood RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
Ok, a change of plans today. I was gonna make the crock pot pizza, but i cooked some lasagna i had in the freezer (it will take me a few days to eat it all) so i decided against pasta again. Maybe next week i'll fix it. Anyway, my sister had a pot roast in the freezer she said needs cooked so she brought it and some potatoes over. I'm just using up what i have on my shelves since it is windy and rainy out with a tornado watch. So, i'm not feeling like getting out and going to the store. I have the meat in the crock pot now thawing out in water and beef broth. I have carrots, potatoes, and a can of each of stewed tomatoes, corn, and peas. plus a little packet of beef stew seasoning mix to add to it. Think i'm just gonna throw it all together and see how it tastes. I'll let the meat thaw and then add everything else to it. One thing i'm out of that i wish i had is the plastic crock pot liners. Oh well, just gonna have a good clean up when i'm done.

Durwood RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
I put the frozen meat in and put a can of beef broth and water in with it so it was to the top of the meat. I let it cook a couple of hours on low, then i added the potatoes, frozen carrots, a couple of celery stalks cut up, and a can of stewed tomatoes. I added enough water to get everything just at the water level. I let it all cook overnight on low, then i took the meat out and shredded it up. While the meat was out i put in the bag of beef stew seasoning and stirred it all up. I put the meat back in with a can of corn and a can of peas and have let it cook a couple of more hours on low. It is all done now and i think it is my favorite food i have cooked yet in the crock pot. I was gonna eat some for lunch ,but my buddy called me and we went out and ate a late breakfast. So i will be eating some for supper.

Here are the ingredients

1 pot roast just under 2.5 lbs
about half a 5lb bag of potatoes (maybe a little more then half)
2 celery stalks cut up
just under 1 lb of frozen carrots
1 can of beef broth
1 can of stewed tomatoes
1 can of corn
1 can of peas
a bag of beef stew seasoning and
enough water to make it work in my 6 quart crock pot

Attachments

• pot roast 003 (800 x 531).jpg
    pot roast 003 (800 x 531).jpg
    114.9 KB · Views: 69
  • pot roast 001 (800 x 531).jpg
    pot roast 001 (800 x 531).jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 70
  • pot roast 007 (800 x 531).jpg
    pot roast 007 (800 x 531).jpg
    110.8 KB · Views: 68
  • pot roast 008 (800 x 531).jpg
    pot roast 008 (800 x 531).jpg
    133.9 KB · Views: 71

HarryG

Looks good Durwood. I'm getting hungry just looking at it. I cook it up just like you did except I put a can of mushroom soup in it too with some baby carrots, string beans, or whatever I can find.
Then with the leftovers I'll make up some Tupperware containers up and freeze them for those nights when I get home late and am too tired to cook.

Durwood RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
Looks good Durwood. I'm getting hungry just looking at it. I cook it up just like you did except I put a can of mushroom soup in it too with some baby carrots, string beans, or whatever I can find.
Then with the leftovers I'll make up some Tupperware containers up and freeze them for those nights when I get home late and am too tired to cook.

Sorry , i just saw this Harry. Yes, that sounds good and i wish i would have thought of the string beans. I have some i think and would have thrown them in too.