• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

NEW SNOW TRAC TIRES BEING PRODUCED SOON!

Snowcat Operations

SUPER Site Supporter
Hello fellow Snow Trac members. Here are some pictures of the prototype tires that are being tested. These are in there natural color but can be made in pretty much any color. The ones pictured have not fully cured yet. When they cure they will be all the same color throughout. So stay tuned as we post our test results and availability date. A big Thanks to Steve for his dedication to the needs of us Snow Cat Enthusiasts.

Attachments

• steve1.jpg
    steve1.jpg
    244.1 KB · Views: 741
  • steve3.jpg
    steve3.jpg
    156.7 KB · Views: 709

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Nice, really nice actually

when you have a estimated weight and price point feel free to include that.

Mike

Snowcat Operations

SUPER Site Supporter
Nice, really nice actually

when you have a estimated weight and price point feel free to include that.

Mike

They weigh in at 12 lbs (5.44 kg).

Much lighter than the solid rubber ones. Those were over 30 pounds (13.60 kg) and were missing half of the rubber!

I do not know the cost. Steve would need to figure that out. His company is the one that made it.

3512b

GOLD Site Supporter
Steve can manufacture these now
If interested contact Steve at CAC plastics Wasilla Alaska
907 376 7111
He said they can be shipped in a flat rate box

Now to figure the rear tires!

3512b

GOLD Site Supporter
Also he can cast it any coler you want black blue pink yellow or mabey even rainbow for those who want to be open minded:clap:

Mite even be able to cast lettering on the side of the tire
Alaska track asso
Snow trac rule
Or my favorite!
There are those that own snow trac 's and then there are those that wished they did!
Course that's a bit long mite take both sides of the tire...:yum:

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
This could be the answer for that by design truly abused 2nd position bogie wheel on the two band track models!!!

That wheel takes such a beating, even foam filled can fail in time. My bet is it's a lot quieter than the cast brass wheel once used in this hard to handle position.

Bravo gentlemen for your efforts!

Regards, Kirk

mbsieg

awful member
GOLD Site Supporter
If anyone purchases one please post the price, as phone service for me sometimes involves a 1/4 mile walk during business hours.

willd

Talked to him a few minutes ago. Testing on small wheels for durability and function is ongoing. He hopes to have results soon. He is also working on a raised roof option. Price will be $$$ but not bad for a lifetime part.