• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

1976 with 318 overheating

Blackfoot Tucker

GOLD Site Supporter
Thanks, Did have it done at a shop Oh Well; try again

I can commiserate... Truth be told, I took a Tucker to a fellow recommended to me for a dual exhaust system. To say it was a disaster is a HUGE understatement. It quite literally looked as though one guy did one side, and another guy did the other side, but there was a wall that prevented one from seeing the other's work. Totally different from each other. The guy broke some of the bolts that held the expanded metal screens to the frame...not a problem... he just welded them on. I had told him I wanted enough clearance so I could install a heat shield and still open a door without it hitting. That was a waste of breath, because even without a heat shield the doors hit the mufflers. A friend of mine is an attorney and I recalled his advice that I shouldn't refuse to pay, but rather pay the guy, and then seek redress in the legal system. So I did that in small claims court...

On the day of the hearing the exhaust guy shows up with an attorney to represent him. No kidding. Well, as a layman you are sworn to tell the truth, and that's what I did. But the attorney took no such oath before the hearing, and he grossly mis-stated things. But with inspiration from watching many Perry Mason episodes, I did a decent job of presenting my case and the judge decided in my favor. Then came the fun of collecting the judgement...

The silver lining though was finding Fritz, the guy in SLC I'd recommend. Scott and I removed the craptastic system and Fritz did a beautiful job on the new system. He has the skill, and almost more importantly, the dedication to do things right.

Here are pics of the fiasco.
DSC01460.jpg
DSC01458.jpg
DSC01468.jpg
DSC01469.jpg

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
I wouldn't have paid for that, what happened at the joints looks like a bird tool a $hit on them.

Cltjones

Taking the machine into a shop in the next week. Was going to try to do it myself just not confident enough. Saw another problem yesterday some oil It seems to be only where we had put the machine in reverse. Everywhere the machine has been in forward no oil. Any suggestions?