• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

'Chobani recall' isn't a recall, but 'hissing' yogurt is pulled

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
'Chobani recall' isn't a recall, but 'hissing' yogurt is pulled

Los Angeles Times

By Jenn Harris
September 4, 2013, 10:11 a.m.

Chobani recall? Not officially, but 15 flavors of the popular American brand of Greek yogurt have been voluntarily pulled off store shelves after customers reported certain cups appeared to be swelling.*

The company has not issued an official recall, according to the Associated Press, but admitted the swelling could be caused by a type of mold commonly found in dairy products.*Yogurt cups with the code 16-012 and an expiration date between Sept. 11 and Oct. 7 have been voluntarily pulled, according to a post on the company blog. *

Beginning last week, customers took to Twitter and Facebook to let Chobani know their yogurt cups were fizzing, swelling and bloating.*

Article continues at
http://www.latimes.com/food/dailydi...ldy-yogurt-20130904,0,3237744.story?track=rss

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I had the quart size swell up on me last week. maybe i should tell someone.

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I was surprised that the foil cover didn't blow off. the top and bottom was so rounded that it wouldn't stand up. they got some really good glue for sealing that foil.
never tried cabots ,maybe I should.
jim

pixie

SUPER Site Supporter
Cabots makes the real stuff... with 10% milkfat. Fage might still make it but they don't sell it here.
All the others have no fat and most have a fake sweetener...ick.

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Damm, i'm always the last to find out.
You don't need a ford truck ,do you.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Cabots makes the real stuff... with 10% milkfat. Fage might still make it but they don't sell it here.
All the others have no fat and most have a fake sweetener...ick.

Yes they do. The 10% stuff is the real deal. I always have some in the frig. Use is to replace sour cream on a baked potato as well. Great, great stuff.

I was surprised that the foil cover didn't blow off. the top and bottom was so rounded that it wouldn't stand up. they got some really good glue for sealing that foil.
never tried cabots ,maybe I should.

jim

Yes, you should. I doubt you will go back. Like Pixie said, buy the 10% stuff not the low or no fat crap. NO FAT = NO TASTE