• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Someone Shot my Pool last week!!

kensfarm

Charter Member
SUPER Site Supporter
Well I come home from work last Tuesday and immediatly notice the blow-up ring on my temp. pool is flat. It's one of those blue ones.. 4ft deep.. 18ft across. I initially thought that one of cats may have walked up the ladder.. & poked holes in it.

I'm initially just pissed because I have enough to deal w/ when I get home from work.. and I have to take time to fix it because the whole pool could collapse. I spent the time that night.. getting it re-inflated(shopvac) to check for holes w/ a wet towel soaked w/ soap suds so that the wholes will bubble. I made several passes & re-inflated again.. and couldn't find damn holes.. it was getting too dark anyway.. and I hadn't fed the cows.. tended to the chickens, etc.

Next day after work.. same thing.. now I'm thinking maybe a seam is leaking because I've circled enough times around the pool to trample the grass flat.. I'm still not happy w/ my fruitless efforts to find the hole.. I give-in to the fact that maybe more light on Sat. will help.

Sat.. after a morning of tending animals.. and a 2nd picking of a sweet corn field.. I'm re-inflating the pool-ring again.. I've already tried the method of submerging the pool-ring by hand into the pool water.. but I have light now.. so I give it a shot. Going around the pool w/ no luck I hear a squeak noise.. my hand going over the hole.. I found it.. wow.. how did I miss a hole that was size of an ice pick? Happy finding it I've already brought out my fix-it "pack kit".. and w/in a few minutes I'm done.
I inflate the ring enough to keep the patch flat while it's drying.

It wasn't long before I notice the ring deflating again.. so I re-inflated again and started searching for another leak.. must've been the daylight because it wasn't long before I discover the 2nd whole.. that's when it dawned on me.. size of the hole.. placement.. shot a straight line to the main road. Some S.O.B. pulled along the roadway(20ft from driveway & mailbox).. parked to be almost hidden from the house.. and used a 22 probably w/ a scope to make the shot. My pool is 45 feet off the back porch. Good thing I didn't see him.

1) Looks to be a 22 size hole.
2) The 2 holes draw a straight line to where they had to park.
3) The road is lower then the property so they had to be in a truck to make the shot.
4) I noticed a mud track on the road previously in the week.. but didn't make the connection until Sat.. rained washed any detail out.
5) Had to have taken place sometime between 7am & 6pm Tues. 19th.

This summer.. one of my outdoor cat's was shot w/ a .22.. it confused the vet at first because we only initially saw the exit wound.. a big whole in the arm pit of the cat's front leg. Vet thought an abscess had popped but didn't understand why it seemed so clean. It wasn't until I found a entry hole days later that I knew he had been shot. The shot entered the hide.. missed all muscle & bone.. and exited under the poor guys front leg. We didn't report it because I wasn't sure were the cat was when it had gotten shot.. cats roam. Now I know someone's shooting from the road at the farm.

1) We will call in a full report to sherriff this evening.
2) I already cleared off any brush, grass, etc. where this person parked.
3) Calling all neighbor's we know.
4) Reward Sign.. will be posting a reward sign where this S.O.B. parked.(He'll know we're looking for him.) If he parked there during the day.. chances are someone probably saw the vehicle.

Have to get some work done "at work" today.. more later.

Junkman

Extra Super Moderator
Look for the bullets. If they took 2 shots at the pool, then the bullets must be around the pool area. It might take a metal detector to find them in the grass, but it is worth it for the ballistics evidence if you find the person. Not much you can do about the cat, since you didn't recover any bullet, but the pool will make a better case if you do have the bullets.. Junk....

kensfarm

Charter Member
SUPER Site Supporter
Thanks guys,

One bullet.. 2 holes.. line of sight shows that the bullet's path continue upwards towards a tree line on the other side of a field(10 acre). Probably need a laser light.. and would have to re-poke the holes to get approx. area.

I did some looking for a shell casing.. but didn't have a metal detector.

I'm here at work.. waiting for the Deputy to call me back.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Good luck finding the low life Ken!

What are the chances you actually know him? Carrying and old grudge.