• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

A big thanks to all vets

mla2ofus

GOLD Site Supporter
Well, instead of crying in our beer or debating war, let's give a big thanks to all our vets, including our allies!!! We wouldn't be here debating, discussing everything if it weren't for them. I really admire these young vets from our all volunteer force.
Mike

Leni

Well, not all of them were volunteers. Many in the past were drafted but they answered the call and served their country. That includes my husband. Kudos and thanks to all of them.

mla2ofus

GOLD Site Supporter
Well, not all of them were volunteers. Many in the past were drafted but they answered the call and served their country. That includes my husband. Kudos and thanks to all of them.

I meant all our volunteers since we ended the draft.
Mike

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Well, my thanks goes toall Vets. Especially those who were drafted and showed up for their country. (Keep in mind during Nam, many youngsters did not.)

My father-in-law will be 90 soon. He was 16 when he entered the Army and served innorth Africa,italy and France during the War. He was a a boat to Japan, certain he was gonna die on a Pacific beach when Truman dropped the Big Boy over Hiroshima.

It was on his birthday and he mentions Harry's gift to him every year.

Dad gets a special thanks from me everyday. But today the neighbors came over, he got a special packge from his great grand kids and enjoyed several visits from folks just coming by to say thanks.

It is good to see that vets can now proudly wear their uniforms in public. I hope and pray we never ever treat them like we did when they returned from South east Asia.

To all who served or now serve, for my family, and from my heart,,,thanks.:flowers:

Leni

I meant all our volunteers since we ended the draft.
Mike

Why not those who were drafted? At the time we were not at war. Some draftees went to Canada to avoid service. Most did not.

The way that they were treated when they came home from Vietnam was unforgivable.

Danang Sailor

nullius in verba
GOLD Site Supporter
I was going to post the in the Service Salute forum, but this will do just as well. From the pen of Charles Province:

It is the Soldier
"It is the Soldier, not the minister
Who has given us freedom of religion.

It is the Soldier, not the reporter
Who has given us freedom of the press.

It is the Soldier, not the poet
Who has given us freedom of speech.

It is the Soldier, not the campus organizer
Who has given us freedom to protest.

It is the Soldier, not the lawyer
Who has given us the right to a fair trial.

It is the Soldier, not the politician
Who has given us the right to vote.

It is the Soldier who salutes the flag,
Who serves beneath the flag,
And whose coffin is draped by the flag,
Who allows the protester to burn the flag."

I fervently hope all my Brothers had a good day today!
Bravo Zulu to you ALL!! :clap: