• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Spent the day on the tractor

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
I really enjoy this . It was a beautiful day here and I spent the better part of it ripping the land for a new pasture . I know there are lots of folks that will never understand the feeling of happiness that a fella can have running a tractor .Sometimes it don't take much to make me happy . I love to see the "end result" of my efforts .

The nice part was watching 15 Elk in the next pasture to me , as I worked . They could have cared less that I was there . They only wandered off when I was done and switched to the ATV to ride up from the barn .:smile::smile:

Tomorrow is more of the same !!!:clap:Sometimes ....I think I am living a dream !!!!:w00t2::biggrin::clap::wow:

I completely understand, Al. Tractors and donuts. :smile: It just doesn't get any better than that! :wow:

:yum:Tractors and donuts...that's cute!

Here ya go Al...
Tractor.gif

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
My wife sheared two pins on my baler . I heard it in the distance . Big lugging sound and all silent. Next day I found out she told me she was watching a large buck and not paying enough attention to the speed. It isn't just sightseeing .
This was back a few summers not this year.

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Well ,,,,I got tired of running around in my little tractor ripping the pasture and finally brought out the "BIG GUN" . My nieghbors log skidder for taking out the highs and lows in the pasture . There was a lot of mud and this thing just walked right through it . I am really sore this morning , but it did the job in about 3 hours yesterday . I do not have a picture of his but here is what it looks like . One big tuff machine. It weighs about 25 tons .

Attachments

• skidder.jpg
    skidder.jpg
    4.7 KB · Views: 48

AAUTOFAB1

Bronze Member
SUPER Site Supporter
Bet you wore out your tanka toys when you where younger:smile:

my wife makes fun of me when i blade the side yard with my Sears st16 garden tractor, says I'm a repressed farmer:yum::yum: it is an art form to run any tractor effectively.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Glad it has dried out enough for you to get something done. I had big plans for today but after the second storm and seeing the puddles and washouts around here it will have to wait again.