• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Runaway Diesel Engine

fogtender

Now a Published Author
Site Supporter
Thanks again fogtender . Heres a few pics of what I,m guessing are the adjustments on the loader as well as for the remotes . Theres not one on the pump itself that I could see . If you need better pics I can get them :biggrin: I like the sound of backing it off as I haven,t got a pressure Gage yet .

attachment.php

I the above photo, the cover over the Allen head adjustment is directly below the rubber boot. Make sure when you take the cover off, you have a wrench on the lock nut below it so you don't try to take them both off at the same time and score the threads..

Once the cover is off, loosen the lock nut with a wrench on it and the bigger nut below that one so you don't pull the relief assembly out and possibly mess up that O-ring. Then after the lock nut is loose, back off the Allen head (May have a screw slot) thread one turn, they put everything back. When you do get a gauge, you can then check it for the right pressure.

But it will lower your pressures until you can get the right pressure set in it. That will at least get you operating at a lower pressure until all is well.

Cowboy

Wait for it.
GOLD Site Supporter
Well all apears to be fine at this time , I turned down the preasure on the loader valve just to be safe untill I can get a preasure guage to check it properly . I,ve just been running it for short periods of time , each time being longer & just got in from mowing for about an hour & all seems to be ok so far .

The engine really still has me a bit concerned , but its running normal temp & the oil preasure is better then ever . It just seems to be knocking a bit more then I remember , but I,m hoping thats just my imagination :unsure: . I,ll run it another hour or so then change the oil & filter 1 more time & change it one more time to be certain its flushed good . I,ll report back if anything changes I just wanted to update & thank everyone again for the help & ideas . :biggrin:

I,m also looking into buying a Kubota L2500 with loader it has 150 hours on it & quite a few attachments , Ive known about it since before I bought this YTO but it has been help up in divorce procedings & I,m hoping to get a really REALLY good deal on it . :wink:

fogtender

Now a Published Author
Site Supporter
Well all apears to be fine at this time , I turned down the preasure on the loader valve just to be safe untill I can get a preasure guage to check it properly . I,ve just been running it for short periods of time , each time being longer & just got in from mowing for about an hour & all seems to be ok so far .

The engine really still has me a bit concerned , but its running normal temp & the oil preasure is better then ever . It just seems to be knocking a bit more then I remember , but I,m hoping thats just my imagination :unsure: . I,ll run it another hour or so then change the oil & filter 1 more time & change it one more time to be certain its flushed good . I,ll report back if anything changes I just wanted to update & thank everyone again for the help & ideas . :biggrin:

I,m also looking into buying a Kubota L2500 with loader it has 150 hours on it & quite a few attachments , Ive known about it since before I bought this YTO but it has been help up in divorce procedings & I,m hoping to get a really REALLY good deal on it . :wink:

Well if it is any help, when I fly my plane out over open water, the farther out I am from the shore, the more "Funny" noises it makes until I turn around or get to the other side....:unsure:

Worried about your engine after such an ordeal will keep you on your toes for a bit!