• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Obviously not a FF member

daedong

Just thought I would put some balance here on FF even though I know most here could never look at anything objectively.
http://www2.ljworld.com/news/2008/oct/29/erratic_mccain/

Erratic McCain October 29, 2008

To the editor:

In Monday’s editorial opinion, the Journal-World endorsed John McCain for president citing Barack Obama as a dangerous choice: “The danger of Obama’s plan of change becomes even more disturbing.” Republicans have had control of the American government for six out of the last eight years. We are now in two wars, in debt to everyone, unemployment rising, unbelievable gas prices, Wall Street and the banking system going Chapter 11 while the economy swirls down the toilet. What mossy rock has the J-W editorial board been living under for the past eight years as they cry out for “four more years!”
More disturbing, exactly which McCain do they want to elect? The “maverick” who voted with Bush 90 percent of the time? The “deregulator” responsible for virtually no oversight on Wall Street, and charter member of the Keating 5? Or perhaps it is his presidential “judgment” when he picked “Sara Palin, soccer mom” as the only person in the world qualified for president after him. Then again, it could be the old warrior who sings, “bomb, bomb, bomb, bomb, bomb Iran.” Senator McCain changes positions on so many issues his behavior would make a chameleon envious.
In the past few desperate weeks, McCain has been erratic, all over the place. McCain believes attacking his opponent, belittling and discrediting him, and name-calling in an unprecedented, odious smear campaign as a excellent reason for Americans to elect him president.
Apparently, the editorial board of the J-W agrees.
Curtis D. Bennett,
Lawrence

Av8r3400

Gone Flyin'
A well written letter , that is "spot on."

All that being said (and true) he is still a far better choice than BO.

Erik

SelfBane
Site Supporter
I think the most amusing part about this is that you picked an editorial posted in a college town newspaper 20 miles from where I work! (in one of the 3/105 Kansas counties that voted "democrat" in the last election)