• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Questions That Never Get Answered

BoneheadNW

I don't know about you guys, but there are many questions that come up in day to day life for which no one seems to know the answer. I thought that maybe we can share some of these questions in the hope that someone might be able to answer some of them. For example:
  1. Why do some songs play louder than others, even if they are played from the same CD (some Neil Young Cds have this inconsistancy)?
  2. Why is it that sometimes when you turn the cold water on, even during winter, it runs warm for quite some time ?
I have several more questions, but I thought I would let others post first.
Bonehead

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
1. ??? but I have a good friend in NYC who is a music producer, I could ask him if you really really want to know.

2. Because you have water in your pipes that is roughly room temperature, while water in the well is roughly 45 to 50 degrees. It takes some time for the ground water, which is cooler, to get up to your faucet. Also, many homes have water lines that run over air ducts (which will alter the temperature of the water that is standing in the pipes), also many water lines are run under ceramic floors, which if exposed to sunlight retain heat (which will alter the termperature of the water that is standing in the pipes).

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
If the songs you are talking about are all on one CD, then I'd guess the artist or producer wanted it that way. I've never noticed that will Neil's CD ...but there are always some songs your turn up ....so then there are others you have to turn down ...it's never ending! :(

I've been in houses where the cold ran warm for a bit. This was on city water. I always thought it was because the cold supply was close enough to the duct work and that heated it. I was renting and did not invesitgate further.