• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Too wet to work, to hot to want to, too sunny to sit inside

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
The weather over the past week or two has just been miserable.

If it is not raining, its hot & humid. If it sunny, the ground is too soft/muddy to use the tractor. I tried to move some dirt today, the tires were pretty much spinning in the wet clay. Took a bucketload down the hill and the tractor slipped and skidded downhill at the steeper spots. One load was enough, no need to slide sideways or skid into a tree.

And just being outside I broke into a sweat just from the heat/humidity . . . no work required.

I'd like to get some stuff done but heavy work is not possible and manual labor projects are miserable with the humidity.

tsaw

GOLD Site Supporter
Way to hot and muddy!

One of my favorite stuck in mud vids.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OWI_GKENbHA"]YouTube- 4x4 tractor stuck in mud[/ame]

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I was waiting for him to tip over into the pond.

But I had a few other thoughts too. 1st, why not abandon the rotary cutter and try to dig that out later. 2nd, just as he used the FEL to push himself back, it can be used to pull the tractor forward so why not try that too? 3rd, does he know what a TOW STRAP is?

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter

If it is not raining, its hot & humid. If it sunny, the ground is too soft/muddy to use the tractor. I tried to move some dirt today, the tires were pretty much spinning in the wet clay. Took a bucketload down the hill and the tractor slipped and skidded downhill at the steeper spots. One load was enough, no need to slide sideways or skid into a tree.

And just being outside I broke into a sweat just from the heat/humidity . . . no work required.

I'd like to get some stuff done but heavy work is not possible and manual labor projects are miserable with the humidity.

You could solve part of the problem with a cab and an a/c for that new tractor. :whistling:

I told you we like to spend someone elses money!

tsaw

GOLD Site Supporter
I was waiting for him to tip over into the pond.

But I had a few other thoughts too. 1st, why not abandon the rotary cutter and try to dig that out later. 2nd, just as he used the FEL to push himself back, it can be used to pull the tractor forward so why not try that too? 3rd, does he know what a TOW STRAP is?

Yup! That is why I posted it. It's so lame.
If you think about it.. there are many ways out of that situation. The very end of the vid has him giving up.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
When you are stuck you don't keep digging till you are bottomed out. Use the loader to raise the front and get something under the front wheels. Then hook another vehicle to the front and drag it out.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter

Try being in a nursing home for 8 hours on a wing where the temp is strictly controlled inside the patient's rooms and showers.

It's cool in the hallway and at the desk... not so in those rooms.
Also myself and the other nurse on the same wing decided to help the girls out and do something we don't normally do. SHOWERS!!!!!!
That shower room was so damned hot and stuffy.
The poor man got a spit shine basically from me... sorta like a hose down at the quickie car wash.
j/k.. he got a good one.. but I was dripping, laughing and cussing by the time I gave him back to the girls :yum:

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Well it is BEAUTIFUL outside now.

Weather has cooled (maybe upper 70's) and the humidity has dropped to tolerable levels.

But the ground is so darn wet from the massive rain storms we had last night that its not even possible to mow the lawn. I did manage to do some work on my Ventrac, changed out a pulley spindle/bearing assembly. I'm looking for other stuff to do, getting bored doing nothing!

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Same here. I have a white lilac bush to plant and wanted to do some garden work. We have had hard rain for about 1 1/2 hours and looks like a bit more before it clears. I don't want to rut up the yard with the backhoe and I ain't digging by hand!