• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Member RTV and Rhino pics/comparisons

Archdean

Re: new to the forum thought I'd say hello

From another newbi, Hi Kristy!!
Let's do a who's is better in the ATV/RTV forum !!

BC's, Archdean's RTV 900 VS. The little rhino thingy!:D

Dean

rhino_chick233

Well as you called it the little Rhino thing.
I have one. My whole family owns one. The people in my family that own quads are getting them!!! We can fit 4 people in our "little Rhino thing" With the rear seat conversion we put in it. Mine goes 55 MHP. Mine looks mean!! The RTV 900 looks sadly like a golf cart!! (Sorry you said to compare the 2!!) My seats look like the are more comfy!! I am not too sure how loud the RTV 900 is but ours is loud, so may not be suitable for hunting. It looks like the daddy of a Raptor... Need I say more. I will let you get a word in here!! Looking forward to the comparision!! I am always up for a good conversation!!

Kristy

Kubota King

Kristy -

Welcome! I like the way you dove into that comparison already ;) ! Can you post a pic of your Rhino? You have me really curious. What do they average in price?

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter
I think you can compare them fairly well here. Neither has a lift kit in these pics. They now both have a 2" lift kit and the Rhino now has 27" Bighorns as well. I did find one of the Rhino in about 24" of snow with the Bighorn tires. By the way, a Rhino will go through almost 26" of snow where the RTV (before lift kits) will only make it through about 16" of snow.

Attachments

• PICT0363.JPG
    PICT0363.JPG
    84.9 KB · Views: 219
  • RTV.JPG
    RTV.JPG
    50 KB · Views: 220
  • snow rhino.JPG
    snow rhino.JPG
    74.9 KB · Views: 220
  • Snow RTV.JPG
    Snow RTV.JPG
    73 KB · Views: 216
  • snowmeasure.JPG
    snowmeasure.JPG
    56.5 KB · Views: 209

rhino_chick233

Go to http://www.kodakgallery.com/snklear You will see ours there. It has a rear seat conversion with roll bars in the back, the upgraded mudlite tires 26x12x12 in the rear and 26x10x12 in the front. BRP CDI chip!! We just added a windshield!! Lovin this thing!! I have to say it looks sooooo nice!! let me know what you think.
Kristy

rhino_chick233

gotta say that is pretty impressive!!! That is nice to know if we ever get into that "white stuff" We never get that around here!!!

Kristy

Dargo said:
I think you can compare them fairly well here. Neither has a lift kit in these pics. They now both have a 2" lift kit and the Rhino now has 27" Bighorns as well. I did find one of the Rhino in about 24" of snow with the Bighorn tires. By the way, a Rhino will go through almost 26" of snow where the RTV (before lift kits) will only make it through about 16" of snow.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Kubota King said:
although the kubota is sharp looking, the rhino looks awfully tough!

Sure does ...and I think the Rhino is cheaper to. But it has a gas engine while the RTV has a diesel. The Rhino seats look more comfortable ...but I've never sat in them for a real comparison. I sat in a RTV on my Kubota dealers lot but never drove it. The price on it was 11 or 12k (I'm not sure which).

Kristy, those extra seats are cool. Are they hard to switch out when you want to use the dump bed ....and can they haul adults or are they strickly for kids?
Great pics on your kodak site. The one pic with the two big guys in it make the Rhino look small!! :)
I'm planning to sell one of my ATV's and get a Rhino or something similar next spring, so I sure enjoyed the pics!!! Thanks! :D

Chief

I am just not so sure I would like the CVT transmission. I don't like the idea of a drive belt that could break in the middle of nowhere. Also makes me wonder about the durability of the CVT transmission when used for heavy hauling? The Rhino is definite contender along with the Ranger XP but I am gonna take a wait and see approach. I am hoping Kubota will update the RTV with an extra 20 hp or so and beef up the suspension and ground clearance.

rhino_chick233

Doc,
Yes the back seats can be taken out, it took like 10 minutes to be installed. We have had adults in the back. It goes a little slower with 4 adults in it, like 45. We're talking about 800 lbs in it at one time!! Never slugged though!! We can go 55mph with the kids in the back!! And the seats are comfy. In the front and back!!
Those big guys are my dad and uncle!! They looked funny in it, but are both talking about seriously getting ones for themselves. They had a blast doing doughnuts in it and going on the track my dad has in his yard.
Out the door the Rhino costs 11,500. That is after tax freight and prep charges. All I can say is do your math before buying anything!!! We did and came out on top. We have added so much stuff to this thing!! We are going to put a bow on it for Christmas to remind us what we bought ourselves for Christmas!!
I don't know anything about the engine!!I know that it is a 660!! I just ride the thing,took it out target shooting with my dad and uncle and family, had no clue where the gas tank was or where the gas cap was!! I do know!! I know where things are but not sure about the engine!! I guess it is a "girl thing"!! :whistle:

As far as looks. Like you said it looks tough!! We will keep posting pics. So feel free to look anytime.
Kristy