• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Centaur for sale

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Not mine. For sale locally in thunder bay Ontario.

Please view this ad:

Centaur Track Machine,
https://www.kijiji.ca/v-heavy-equip...ampaign=socialbuttons&utm_content=app_android

Download the application from the Google Play Store.
https://tinyurl.com/9x9f4jd
65d9a6b42b8d27faf4d670fcf87de888.jpg

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
is that just a bigger version of the belt drive one nikson is messing with?

alryA

It must be the 8x8 as seen here. Seems to have a CVT drive and there own tranny. Watching the pronominal video, makes me want to run up and see it. Thunder B is just across the little pond from us. Just ask if you like us to look at it for you. (I'm kidding, it would be an all day drive up there)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky_NXolvvo8

Last edited:

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
No clue on price. From what I can see on the ad, it's over on rosslyn road only a 10 minute drive from me. Anyone want more pictures? Details? Etc? I could go over and take a few pictures and get some details. Just let me know.

I looked up the business that's selling it. It's just south of the airport. May be worth a look tomorrow afternoon.
a796d16456fe73b711b4f39c0857b27d.jpg

Nikson

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Centaurs are good machines

This one seem to have the regular 2ft wide tracks vs my 30inchers.

Great machine considering its been maintained well, those engines are pretty reliable and machines considered to be HD version of the Argos, meaning all around more of a heavy duty parts used on it.

Is it a true snowcat?! God knows, all I can say - it does what a tracked machine should, get through the snow :)

p.s. did I mention that 3cyl diesel is very efficient?!

Nikson

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
is that just a bigger version of the belt drive one nikson is messing with?

How is it bigger again? :)

mine is 100inches track-to-track, I think it almost as wide or wider than most cats on here... LOL

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I seen one other I seen listed was $4000 but didn't have the extra belts like yours.

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I guess my eye is calibrated to the wheel size.

I saw your machine as a big argo.

I see this machine as a small snow cat....

In reviewing the photos the only thing that triggered my measurment system is the size of the wheels.

8-10" wheels argo ish

12-14 ish wheels snow catish...

in looking at the engine cover I see they are same same.

Nikson

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I guess my eye is calibrated to the wheel size.

I saw your machine as a big argo.

I see this machine as a small snow cat....

In reviewing the photos the only thing that triggered my measurment system is the size of the wheels.

8-10" wheels argo ish

12-14 ish wheels snow catish...

in looking at the engine cover I see they are same same.

to the extent of my little knowledge of these machines, turf tires are all same (smaller more wide) and than you have the grippy (non-tracked) tires that are skinny and tall.

Pictures lie... :) LOL

rdynes01

Nickson, based on info available from the ad, how can you tell if it has been well maintained? Looks like a well worn machine to me....Bob

rdynes01

Nikson, based on info available in the ad, how can you say whether machine has been well maintained? Looks like a pretty worn out rig to me....Bob

Nikson

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Nikson, based on info available in the ad, how can you say whether machine has been well maintained? Looks like a pretty worn out rig to me....Bob

I'm not sure where I mentioned or why you think that I said it was a well maintained machine?!

Judging from the pictures, its pretty rusty., whats going on in the engine compartment is questionable.

One thing I can see is that they moved the air filter box and plumbed it into the cab, at least thats what I see...
Those had their air filter box in the engine compartment driver side area.

Funny think I moved mine same location except interior tap-in.

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
i see a price is on it now . ten thousand and new chains to the axles.

PJL

"PJL, great eye, as I meant that exactly, I guess "IF" skipped the spell check :)"

Maybe your Russian to English Siri translator needs a tuneup. :)

alryA

NorthernRedneck, did you get more info on this machine?? Photos?? Thanks from the southern shore!!

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
I stopped by to see it but nobody was around. I can try again this week once the weather clears up and the roads are passable again.

alryA

Any pictures?? And will be see Northern redneck at the Clowder in Bessmer MI?? Hope so!