• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Computer Tech Support, 5 hours on the phone... not done yet!

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Arrrrrrrrgh

Been a frustrating day.

I have a wireless network in the house. Set up a brand new 1 Terabyte wireless hard drive + wireless router.

To complicate matters I also have a new MacBook Air that is only 90% set up.

And to complicate matters even more I have 2 different accounts with Apple, but only 1 valid email address.

I installed the new wireless router + wireless hard drive and the computer worked with it but we lost all of our other internet gadgets (all the ROKU TV streaming boxes, etc).

STEP #1: I figured I'll call Apple tech support to untwist all the mess. Took about 20 minutes and the ROKU problem was resolved.

STEP #2: move on to get "iMessanger" to work across all the platforms so a text message sent on my iPhone shows up on both of my laptop computers, my iPad and obviously on the iPhone. Ran into a few snags, took about 90 minutes, but got that done. Took 90 minutes because I had to log off and log back into my account from each device. That caused all sorts of security problems at Apple because it is apparently very unusual for this activity and it kept triggering security alerts as I switched devices and went through the same steps.

STEP #3: ONGOING, just missed the call back and am happy I couldn't grab the phone in time because at this point I'm frustrated :hammer:

I want to wipe out my old Apple account and switch everything to my new Apple account. You would think it was a fairly easy thing to do. Not so in my case.
My OLD Apple account uses my CURRENT email address.
My CURRENT Apple account uses my OLD email address.​
I do not have access to my OLD email address, that address is dead.

All I can say is that you should not try this without having TECH SUPPORT on the line!

We have spent HOURS trying to kill the old account and assign everything to the current account but the emails are buried deep into their system and keep holding things up.

I have nothing but praise for the Apple Tech Support guys (several today) that have the patients of JOB dealing with me, even when I get frustrated and want to chuck something out the window.