• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

BigAl spent so much money on rocks...

DaveNay

Klaatu barada nikto
SUPER Site Supporter
...that he had to wire the garage himself.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKZUFu97vus&feature=player_embedded"]YouTube - Awesome Electrical "Improvement"[/ame]

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Looks Code legal for Idaho ...... Whats your point ???:unsure:

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Believe it or not , when I first bought this old place , you could slam the back door and the lights would go out in the living room . Maybe the same guy did the wiring here too ????

The adjoining ranch I just bought has a house that is to be torn down this spring . It is only 3 years old . In the attic is a ball of black electrical tape about 6" in diameter that has about 10 wires going to it :w00t2:. Talk about a fire hazard !!!

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
We have a mobile home a few miles away that was condemned for occupancy by the town. They ran 3 long extension cords about 250 ft. along the top of posts for the pasture fence back to a garage. Had a wood burning stove in it without a thimble through the wall as well. Some folks are a little crazy!:w00t2:

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
Aren't thimbles for sewing? Why would you put a thimble on a fireplace?:whistling::whistling::yum::yum: Boy's & girls, Joe the Handyman (yours truly) has seen enough of this Rube Goldberg homeowner stuff to write a book. And just when I think I've seen it all, someone else finds a way to amaze me. If it weren't for electrical and duct tape, homeowners would be lost.

I was recently called to replace a 3-way switch for a customer. She's like 80+ years old, and quite spry for her years. When I got there, madam homeowner told me that she tried to change it, but it would not work when she was done. I asked if she changed one wire at a time, connecting it to the corresponding spot on the new switch, to which she said "No, I just took them all off, then connected them back wherever I thought they should go." To add insult to injury, her late husband had installed the 3-way circuit, and ran all black wires in knob & tube. Need I go on?

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
It's amazing that they can have what appears to be a decently built garage with concrete work but then do such a Mickey Mouse job on the electrical.

Of course, if I end up having to run power out to my chicken coop next winter for a heater it may not be much better than that. :unsure: