• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

What do you use to mow ya grass down?

Mith

The Eccentric Englishman
SUPER Site Supporter
Im sure there are guys here without a need for a full size tractor like myself. Lets see ya pics of what ya got, lawn tractors, garden tractors, lawn mowers (ugh!)
Anyone use one of them push dealies here? Anyone mow their lawn with one of them biggun tractoes?
Lettus see em!
Cheers :beer:

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Here's mine.
I got rid of the RFM on the tractor since the R1 tires left too many dimples in the lawn.
I got rid of the GT since it was a bit too slow.

Attachments

• MVC-612Fs2.jpg
    MVC-612Fs2.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 88
  • MVC-613Fs2.jpg
    MVC-613Fs2.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 86

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Nice looking mowing machine! Looks a like an Exmark, but I can't make out the name in the pic.
What make and model is that ZTR Brian?

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I have a RFM for my Kubota Grand L3010, but it's in semi retirement. I bought a ZTR a year ago and it now handles all the mowing duties.

I bought the Scag Wildcat, 61 inch deck, 27hp Kohler Vtwin. It's a fun machine to mow with. However, when it's windy and you turn fast you can get a face full of grass. Sun glasses come in handy to keep it out of your eyes.

Here's a pic of it when it was new:

Attachments

• Scag_ZTR.jpg
    Scag_ZTR.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 80

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter
Nah, I think he has a unit from Country Clipper. Note the single joystick control. Since I learned on the dual stick type of zero turn radius mowers, and I have 2 of them, I'm going to act like I don't like the single joystick way of driving one. I mean, c'mon on, why leave your left hand out of having fun?! Where is the challange in that? Anyone can drive one of those after just a few minutes practice. Gees, that makes me want to know if they make a propane model. You know, that way I could take the mower deck off and my grandmother could have one kick ass wheel chair. :eek: :whistle:

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I don't have a current pic. She's put away in my pole building now crowded between Boats, a jet ski and the kubota with all the implements. I'll get another pic in a few months, maybe an action pic! :eek:

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Most of our mowing is done with the Ventrac, it is simply faster than the New Holland by a wide margin. But the heavier duty mowing goes to the New Holland. I no longer have the Befco finish mower shown on the back of the NH and now use a MMM with it. The Ventrac typically gets all the mowing on the 2 to 3 acres up near the house, and it gets all the slope duties. When the NH is used it is open field work down by the farm area and other treeless areas.

I still have a Cub Cadet, model 1862, garden tractor, but I now use that to mow my office/warehouse property. It simply is outclassed by the Ventrac in every measurable way when it comes to mowing, especially on the slopes.

Attachments

• 1mower.jpg
    1mower.jpg
    179.3 KB · Views: 77

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Dargo said:
Nah, I think he has a unit from Country Clipper. Note the single joystick control. Since I learned on the dual stick type of zero turn radius mowers, and I have 2 of them, I'm going to act like I don't like the single joystick way of driving one. I mean, c'mon on, why leave your left hand out of having fun?! Where is the challange in that? Anyone can drive one of those after just a few minutes practice. Gees, that makes me want to know if they make a propane model. You know, that way I could take the mower deck off and my grandmother could have one kick ass wheel chair. :eek: :whistle:

Yep, I think your right Dargo. I didn't notice the joy stick, I was trying to hard to read the name. I never tried the joystick way of steering. I'm afraid I'd like it.

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Dargo said:
Dargo's correct. It's a Country Clipper Charger.

Yep, that single joystick is a real bugger as it takes about 3 minutes to master. Since the left hand has nothing to do, they put a beverage holder on the left side to hold your "spare" beverage. The first beverage just stays in the left hand.

I tried a Scag (Tiger Cub?) and a Dixie Chopper but neither could stay on the hills.

Dargo - to convert to propane, it's best to leave the deck on otherwise granny will be doing "wheelies" everywhere. :tiphat: :eek:

TOMLESCOEQUIP

Just Plinkin Away the $$
bczoom said:
Dargo - to convert to propane, it's best to leave the deck on otherwise granny will be doing "wheelies" everywhere. :tiphat: :eek:
Why not mount a KEG on the front for her ? Doubles as ballast & helps grandma make new friends as well.............

dyt4000

A DYT4000 as in my avatar.

Also working on a project that was my grandfathers.....

Cub1.jpg

TOMLESCOEQUIP

Just Plinkin Away the $$
The old & the new........Sold the kubota (was 5' MMM) ........to my brother inlaw in Florida........the NH TC33D with a 6' MMM is barely visible behind it...it's the only picture of the new tractor I have at work.

Attachments

• KUBOTA REAR.jpg
    KUBOTA REAR.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 74

Mith

The Eccentric Englishman
SUPER Site Supporter
Brian, nice looking CC! Is that a Massey GT I see peeping in on the left of the first pic?

Bob, is that Ventrac hydraulically driven? It looks like there is a belt exchange in the pivot, maybe thats just for the deck or is the wheels on belt trannys too? Do you have any other attachments for the front to go with it?

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Mith said:
Brian, nice looking CC! Is that a Massey GT I see peeping in on the left of the first pic?
Thanks Mith.

That's a Simplicity Soverign. Great GT but just a bit too slow for my mowing desires.

Mith

The Eccentric Englishman
SUPER Site Supporter
I use a pair of AYP made 12HP 36'' mowers and a Wheelhorse 412-8 for rough stuff, a 212-5 sits in the shed being modified and a 112-6 is being made into a tow behind, and I only have 2/3 acre lawn :D

Comon MTF guys, I know you guys have some shiney ones youre dying to show us :D

DAP

I mow with:

John Deere LX288: 18hp gas Kawasaki V-Twin, HST with a 4' mid mount deck. This thing is commercial grade. Nothing has broke on it after 150 hours of cutting finish lawns and horse pastures.

Does the 1/4 mile in 9 minutes flat. Much better than Junks' BX.

:thumb:

AndyM

Charter Member
My main mower is my New Holland TC18...

Attachments

• IM000009.JPG
    IM000009.JPG
    62.5 KB · Views: 47
  • IM000010a.JPG
    IM000010a.JPG
    78.8 KB · Views: 46

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
Craftsman GT 5000 with Ag Tires, rear wheel weights, and filled front tires. It mows the nice lawn. Not the best quality of cut but good enough and it has earned it's keep.

For a while I also pulled a Cycle Country 48" tow behind mower offset behind it to cut the fields. Worked pretty good (8ft swath) as long as the field didn't get too long. Got to clean the tow behind and sell it now as I don't use it anymore.
Mahindra 2615 Gear with 60" rotary cutter for the pasture stuff now. No problems with the long stuff anymore.

Mith

The Eccentric Englishman
SUPER Site Supporter
Doug - does the LX series have the 4WS? Pretty good lookin tractors too!

PB - how do you like the filled front tyres, does it stop the side slip in fast corners? Been looking for something to prevent that and dont have the moeny for ags right now

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
Mith said:
PB - how do you like the filled front tyres, does it stop the side slip in fast corners? Been looking for something to prevent that and dont have the moeny for ags right now

I was having wheelie problems on some of the steeper hills so the front weight helped a lot. I've added so much weight that I've really slowed the mower down a bit. I'm not sure what side slip is but I can still get some good slipping going when the grass is wet.

I have to be careful with the AG tires as they can do some damage. Now that I've got the "real" tractor I'm thinking of switching back to the lawn tires and trying that for a while. I think the weight made the most difference.

Filling the front tires was pretty cheap and easy. I just used Windshield washer fluid.

DAP

Mith ... naw on the 4WS ... not even power steering actually. It's first 4 years of life however, I cut 3 acres of finish lawn and 3 acres of a rutty dimpled cratered old hay field that would spin your kidneys around. Had to go slow and it would take about an acre an hour like that. But the thing never broke, stalled, got stuck, nuttin, just kept runnin and runnin ... now with 160 hours and since I moved to less finish lawns at the new digs ... it is merely a pasture ornament now.

I paid about 4900 USD for it in the spring of 2001 and I expect to have it for many many more years.

A beast of a gas 2wd 48" inch deck mower it is.

Carm

Well, This here 880 Oliver Diesel with the bush hog handles the fields

Untitled-10.jpg

The Cub handles other mowing chores
Untitled-3.jpg

Then there is a Craftsman GT and an old MTD that manages the lawn. If all goes well, I will have a Farmall A with a Woods 59 mower as well!

GaryE

Mith.

After searching for a picture of my GT5000 I realized the only pictures I had of it were in the background of some pictures I took of my dog after he had surgery. I guess I need to take some more in the spring. For now this is all I have.

Gary

Attachments

• DSCF0258 (Small).JPG
    DSCF0258 (Small).JPG
    93.5 KB · Views: 37

dzalphakilo

Banned
bczoom said:
Here's mine.

Brian was on of the people who gave me the info to look at this mower that I didn't even know existed.

I owe him a big thanks on that one (got the same one).

My father used a my neighbors twinstick before I bought one, and being over 70, those twin sticks wore his shoulders out after a short time. With the single joystick, he can ride it all day, no problems except his rear when he goes to fast.

Pic is of the deck raised which takes less than 5 minutes to accomplish.

Attachments

• Deck Raised.JPG
    Deck Raised.JPG
    41.7 KB · Views: 33

Chief

John Deere 4410 with mid mounted mower for the big areas and a John Deere F525 for the smaller stuff and steep slope areas. Last week I completed finish mowing the back hillside pasture which was about 35 acres. It was real slow going because the old thatched undergrowth was so thick and keeping any eye out for rocks. Took just a tad over 30 hours by the hour meter.

Attachments

• Aug01634.JPG
    Aug01634.JPG
    176.4 KB · Views: 28
  • Aug01625.JPG
    Aug01625.JPG
    172 KB · Views: 27

johnday

The Crazy Scot, #3
SUPER Site Supporter
DaveNay said:
Lawn no problem, it was the roof I kept having touble with.

wisconsin16.jpg
So that's where Bill and Jethro got off to! Dave, you're one lucky guy!!:a1::D:beer: