• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

New to tablets

Catavenger

SUPER Site Supporter
Basically just to keep my brain active I bought this RCA tablet. Any pointers about tablets & the Android operating system would be welcome. Right now I'm looking for some carrying case, not just a sleeve. i want something that will also fit the charger, stylus etc. Wish me luck.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
I love my Asus tablet. It came in very handy when I was in the hospital. They come in handy for travelling. I didn't bother paying for a data plan for it since I mainly use it at home on WiFi

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Basically just to keep my brain active I bought this RCA tablet. Any pointers about tablets & the Android operating system would be welcome. Right now I'm looking for some carrying case, not just a sleeve. i want something that will also fit the charger, stylus etc. Wish me luck.

Take a look at Otter Boxes. They are solid. I don't know if they have extra storage.

I love my Asus tablet. It came in very handy when I was in the hospital. They come in handy for travelling. I didn't bother paying for a data plan for it since I mainly use it at home on WiFi

I've used my ipad on my various trips to the hospital. As long as I was Conscious enough to use it it was great :whistling:

You can use your smart phone as a hotspot if you have to use the tablet in a no wifi zone

This is the best tablet I ever owned. The only mistakes it ever made were totally my fault and it only cost a nickel.

Jim

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    19.9 KB · Views: 94

Adillo303

Diesel Truck Fan
GOLD Site Supporter
All I can tell you is to explore. I Havre found a tablet equivalent to almost everything I do on a desktop. You just have to look.

I fixed a problem on a customer's file server on a tablet over free WiFi from a chair running a craft fair booth on the street. I edit pdf's do ftp transfers. Maintain servers and have full word processing packages on a tablet. Pretty much with free software. I can't speak for iPads as I don't have one. Android o/s here.

Catavenger

SUPER Site Supporter
People keep telling me how little storage capacity this RCA Voyager has but I got started with a Toshiba notebook running Windows 98 so it doesn't bother me of course I have several other computers as well.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
That's what I like about the Asus. It has an SD card slot for extra storage.