• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Cell phone virus???

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Anyone else have any experience with this? My wife sent me a text this morning informing me that she received a weird text from me written in chineese lettering. :unsure::unsure::unsure:

I have the AVG app on my cell so I did a scan and nothing came up. Just wondering if anyone else has ever had a funky text like that either come in or go out???

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
從來沒有過。

Cónglái méiyǒuguò.

Never had that before.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
One could be some spammer sending to her phone. delete and forget. If it keeps up block the numbers that are sending. If everything starts coming in as Chinese, consider moving to China.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Could be it is from the phone's mom since they are all made over there anyway......:whistling:

Galvatron

Spock and Galvatron < one and the same
it's easy to by accident hit a wrong setting,re-boot it and do a fresh set up.

jimbo

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Anyone else have any experience with this? My wife sent me a text this morning informing me that she received a weird text from me written in chineese lettering. :unsure::unsure::unsure:

I have the AVG app on my cell so I did a scan and nothing came up. Just wondering if anyone else has ever had a funky text like that either come in or go out???

Haven't had the problem on a cell, but it is fairly common on a computer. A spammer taps into an email, then uses your contact list to distribute their spam.

On an email the fix is to change your password.