• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

1987 bombardier sw 48 starter

Stuart

Has anyone taken the starter off a 1987 sw 48 (300 cu in inline ford 6 cylinder) , if so is there an easy way around it . From what I see it appears to be a tight spot to get at and hard to see. Any info will be appreciated .Thanks in advance

Bobcatbob

GOLD Site Supporter
I would drop the muffler down from the exhaust flange if possible (if the studs and nuts aren’t rusted solid). This will give you a little room to get to the bolt behind the starter (thank god there is only one). I’ve been rebuilding an SW48 and didn’t remove the starter until I pulled the engine....though my exhaust flange studs were completely rusted, ended up cutting them off and using the “blue” wrench.