• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

New to Forum. Could use some help IDing a Distributor

Vince76

Hey out there. Just joined.
I recently picked up an NOS Delco-Remy twinn 6 (12 wires) distributor. It has 4169 and 2B1 on the Tag. The rotor says 2 spark 6 cyl. I found reference to this distributor in a 1942 US government vehicle hand book.
I was wondering if anyone can help me ID the vehicle or engine this was used on/in.
Any help would be appreciated.

Thank You, Vincent

Attachments

• IMG_5096.JPG
    IMG_5096.JPG
    84.9 KB · Views: 154
  • IMG_5097.JPG
    IMG_5097.JPG
    88.4 KB · Views: 151
  • IMG_5098.JPG
    IMG_5098.JPG
    71.8 KB · Views: 146
  • IMG_5099.JPG
    IMG_5099.JPG
    92.6 KB · Views: 146
  • IMG_5100.JPG
    IMG_5100.JPG
    109.6 KB · Views: 143

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Welcome to our forums. Interesting piece you got there. Hopefully one of our members will chime in here shortly. Unfortunately an ole timer here who most likely would have known the answer passed away last fall. Muleman. He was a good one. Would help everyone. Your post reminded me of him. We have other pros here but good ole mule stood out. Good luck getting an answer

Vince76

Thanks for the welcome. Sorry to here about Muleman.
I hope you're right about getting the help I need.

Have a great evening,
Vincent

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
never seen one of those, it is usually aircraft engines that had dual ignitions. they however also had magnetos, if I had to guess it came off of a tank or a commercial adapted vehicle that had a hall scott or budda engine in it .not a part you see much of, as most military distributors are equipped with aircraft type wires for electrical noise suppression

Vince76

I tried researching Hall Scott engines to no avail. I have not tried Budda. Thanks for the lead.

Vincent

Vince76

Thanks for the leads. I did not see any part numbers but I'll see if I can pin down the exact application using this info.

Vincent