• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Snow!

squerly

Supported Ben Carson
GOLD Site Supporter
Expecting a foot of it by the end of the day and it's going to continue to snow all night, right up until 5:00 tomorrow AM. Already took the truck down to the foot of the mountain and brought up another 15 gallons of diesel for the genset. Fed the dragon an extra helping of wood and we're all holed up watching the Olympics.

Leni

Clear blue sky and it will be around the mid 80's today. I'll be going over to the garden with my son to clear out the weeds and get ready to plant my spring/summer veggies.

Take care all of you back there.

ki0ho

GOLD Site Supporter
Clear blue sky and it will be around the mid 80's today. I'll be going over to the garden with my son to clear out the weeds and get ready to plant my spring/summer veggies.

Take care all of you back there.
LENI....DATS MEAN OF YA!!!!!! :yum: Have fun girl!!:flowers:

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
1-2 inches up here. just a fresh white coat to make the packed stuff slick as snot.:hammer:

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Expecting a foot of it by the end of the day and it's going to continue to snow all night, right up until 5:00 tomorrow AM. Already took the truck down to the foot of the mountain and brought up another 15 gallons of diesel for the genset. Fed the dragon an extra helping of wood and we're all holed up watching the Olympics.

Snug as a bug in a really exquisite rug there Jim. :yum:

And with a cute little blonde bug to fetch your coffee.......of what could you complain.:clap:

Leni

LENI....DATS MEAN OF YA!!!!!! :yum: Have fun girl!!:flowers:

Sorry about that but that's why I live here. My fruit trees are blooming, the birds are singing, the spring bulbs have bloomed, and I'm wearing shorts and a tank top. We had to turn on the air conditioner yesterday. It's supposed to go to the mid 80's today and then cool off for the weekend.

As I said earlier be careful all of you back there. Those are dangerous conditions that you are dealing with.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter

Wake Forest University cancelled classes for today because of the snow in North Carolina. My daughter is enjoying her first snow day of her college career.

Given the cost of tuition, I'm hoping its the last snow day she gets too. :hammer:

But something tells me that classes will also be cancelled for tomorrow. Given that the kids walk from their dorms to class, I'm not sure why they cancelled class, probably because the professors can't get to campus???

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
I was bragging Franc, not complaining... :wink:

I know you were. I was razzin cause I'm jealous. My place ain't done yet.

BTW
Some of my Crossfire friends want to know if they can come down this weekend for another BBQ?
Like they could get there in a crossfire!:yum:

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Free for the taking.....

We had a bit of a storm blow through today. On the level we probably got a foot of snow. The wind didn't help. We ended up with a bid drift in the yard.

1795510_10151861740532303_2080137264_n.jpg

rlk

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Squerly, I'm about 4 hours east of you in Apex. We got about 5 inches of snow in a little over 4 hours. I've never seen it snow that hard before.

Today the sun is out, the temp is 48 degrees, and thankfully it's melting.

I can't wait for Spring.

Bob

Attachments

• Snow 02.12.2014 b.jpg
    Snow 02.12.2014 b.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 127

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
I can't wait for Spring.

Boy ! Do I agree with that !!! Its snowing here again today as I look out the front window . I think we have had snow for about 20 days straight .

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
I was just thinking to myself last week how we're gonna be in for an early spring since on the level there wasn't that much snow. A few warm days would be enough to melt most of it. I should be shot for even thinking it. The snowbank in front of my house is now 6 ft tall.

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I have never seen that much snow, and hope I never do. How long does it take for all of it to melt?

Bob

Usually takes about three weeks once the weather warms up.
Should we mention the piles of snow in large parking lots? They can easily get 20+ feet tall and can still be there the first day of Summer.

As a kid, I remember having snow on the ground in places on the 4th of July. That was from drifts and not piled up by equipment.

Leni

Now if only we could get together and merge my temp of 91 and your temps of freezing or below we might get something that is enjoyable.

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Now if only we could get together and merge my temp of 91 and your temps of freezing or below we might get something that is enjoyable.

you know..... I am saving a snowball to throw at you :glare:

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
I have never seen that much snow, and hope I never do. How long does it take for all of it to melt?

Bob

On interstate 80 at Kingvale , Cal which is about 4 miles from the top of Donner Summit there is a bridge that is 24' above the freeway . I have walked off that bridge deck in the winter and right onto the snow level .

240" (20 feet) of snow is not uncommon on Donner .This year they have a couple inches from what I hear :w00t2:! Its going to be a huge fire season out west

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
will be watching for flooding this next week as the temps rise to 50. lot of ice to jam up streams when it starts moving.:hammer:

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
will be watching for flooding this next week as the temps rise to 50. lot of ice to jam up streams when it starts moving.:hammer:
That is going to be a big problem for a lot of people.

I'm hoping for a SLOW melting of the snow. If it melts too fast there will be flooded basements, damaged roofs and walls, etc.

I've had a bit of compressing/melting/evaporation? going on but there is still 18+" inches of snow sitting on my yard with a couple drifts pushing 5' tall. In the windswept areas the snow is about half that depth but if we get a 40+ degree and sunny day the ground is going to be a soggy mess. I have good drainage but I pity those who don't.

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I live right between the 2 of you (Muleman and Melensdad). Not a lot of snow here so I don't expect problems. Temp rises in the forecast are gradual over a few days.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
got things cleaned up with the skid steer yesterday and now they want 3-6" more on Monday. I was hoping to get my wood moved to make room for the next load. guess I will be plowing again this week.:hammer:

squerly

Supported Ben Carson
GOLD Site Supporter
got things cleaned up with the skid steer yesterday and now they want 3-6" more on Monday. I was hoping to get my wood moved to make room for the next load. guess I will be plowing again this week.:hammer:
2 questions:

• How much wood have you burned this year,
  • What kind of snow plow do you have?

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
burned 3 tri-axle loads already.
have a western pro plow for 16 years now. it has had a workout and moved a shitload of snow in that time.

Leni

you know..... I am saving a snowball to throw at you :glare:

How big and nasty? You realize that it will melt before it reaches me. Yesterday it was 92 and today it was the mid 80's. Plus there are several miles between us. Besides I was trying to merge the temperatures to make it nice for all of us. :biggrin: Love you anyhow.

Leni

On interstate 80 at Kingvale , Cal which is about 4 miles from the top of Donner Summit there is a bridge that is 24' above the freeway . I have walked off that bridge deck in the winter and right onto the snow level .

240" (20 feet) of snow is not uncommon on Donner .This year they have a couple inches from what I hear :w00t2:! Its going to be a huge fire season out west

Yes it will be and I am already dreading it. We've had only one rain storm that produced a normal rain.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
We are supposed to get up to 8 more inches of snow today. They said it would start about 2 hours from now. But it started about 30 minutes ago!

Coming down hard and heavy with blowing winds.

If we do get 8" today that will put our seasonal snow total at just shy of 6'.

Even with the melting, the snow is deeper than our little dog Snowball is tall. For most of the yard its about 12" to 16". Still have a few drifts up around 5' and a couple concrete planters that stand 2 feet tall are buried and lost under the snow.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Seems like I've burnt through 5 gallons of gas in the past week just using the snowblower. Looks like we're in for another round of snow tomorrow evening. Calling for 15-25cms by Friday morning.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk