• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Campaign Deja Vu

mtmogs

You know, I've had the weirdest feeling watching the 'Cain campaign. Kind of like I've seen it all before. Now I know why! Have you ever seen the movie O' Brother Where Art Thou? Well 'Cain is Pappy O'Daniel, the angry, cranky old establishment candidate who's guided by an incompetent campaign staff of nepotists. Listen to this audio clip. Substitute "change" for reform and "Obama" for Stokes and art imitates life. This is where 'Cain is right about now. He'd better hope the soggy bottom boys show up for an Oct. surprise!

http://www.moviewavs.com/0038475992/MP3S/Movies/O_Brother_Where_Art_Thou/reform.mp3

Script:

INSIDE THE PRIVATE ROOM

Pappy O'Daniel sits smoking a cigar, nursing a glass of
whiskey, and soliciting the counsel of his overweight retinue.

PAPPY
Languishing! ******* campaign is
languishing! We need a shot inna
arm! Hear me, boys? Inna *******
ARM! Election held tomorra, that
sonofabitch Stokes would win it in a
walk!

JUNIOR
Well he's the reform candidate, Daddy.

Pappy narrows his eyes at him, wondering what he's getting
at.

PAPPY
...Yeah?

JUNIOR
Well people like that reform. Maybe
we should get us some.

Pappy whips off his hat and slaps at Junior with it.

PAPPY
I'll reform you, you soft-headed
sonofabitch! How we gonna run reform
when we're the damn incumbent!

He glares around the table.

PAPPY
Zat the best idea any you boys can
come up with? REEform?! Weepin' Jesus
on the cross! Eckard, you may as
well start draftin' my concession
speech right now.

Eckard grunts as he starts to rise.

ECKARD
Okay, Pappy.

Pappy whips him back down with his hat.

PAPPY
I'm just makin' a point, you stupid
sonofabitch!

ECKARD
Okay, Pappy.

As he settles back Eckard looks around the table and helpfully
relays:

ECKARD
Pappy just makin' a point here, boys.

Tractors4u

Site Supporter
And Pappy wins when the people realize the other candidate is a racist fraud! You are finally coming around!

mtmogs

And Pappy wins when the people realize the other candidate is a racist fraud! You are finally coming around!

That's the dichotomy here. Stokes was a racist fraud, and tried to fan the flames of racism in the deep south. Now, objectively, which candidate does that sound like?

Tractors4u

Site Supporter
Uh, Obama? Except that he is fanning the flames nationwide. His pastor was a racist and he is all for spreading the wealth to his people. Easy question there Mogs.

Erik

SelfBane
Site Supporter
I loved that movie. (especially John Goodman's character) great soundtrack!

mtmogs

I loved that movie. (especially John Goodman's character) great soundtrack!

Goodman the Cyclops! Big Dan Teague. Do you know that the movie was loosely based on Homer's Odyssey? I thought Clooney was at this best here too. I love his look of bewilderment after Goodman smacks Delmar upside the head with the tree limb: "What's goin; on, Big Dan?":bonk:

mtmogs

Uh, Obama? Except that he is fanning the flames nationwide. His pastor was a racist and he is all for spreading the wealth to his people. Easy question there Mogs.

I know man, us white folk anymore, we just can't get ahead. Those blacks get all the breaks.

Yours Truly - Jim Crow :yum: