• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Going to be nippy Friday morning.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Just watched the local weather and they say down to 37 Friday morning. Got a lot of stuff to move in the greenhouses. She keeps these dang plants that should never grow north of the Carolinas and said some got nipped from the one morning last week. Then she will want to repot them into bigger ones. Neighbor gave me some tubs the other day that will weigh 40 lbs. with soil in them. She needs to learn to use the bag truck!:hammer:

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Yep, fall is upon us. Mid-40's this morning and going to low 40's or high 30's for Thursday and Friday nights.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Yep, fall is upon us. Mid-40's this morning and going to low 40's or high 30's for Thursday and Friday nights.

Predicting a frost for us Friday morning which will end the growing season. Could dodge a bullet though if it is foggy enough.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
You'll be getting the cold front we had over the weekend then. It was damned cold out at camp. Had the furnace on and when I stepped out in the morning I swore I saw a snowflake. We packed up and came pack to town. We were only a half hr from town when the skies parted and the sun came out and the temp rose by 10 degrees.

Supposed to be nice here on friday. Calling for +30C

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
my sympathies concerning the Exotics.

I have at least twenty tropicals and subtropicals that suffer under cool temps.

An 8 foot High Hibicus from china via Barbadoes that gets a cold and wilts when subject to 40 Degrees F or less. Several 6 foot palm trees and a bannana tree trio in a 36" diameter pot. All weigh in at over 80 lbs.

The avacado now resides permanately in the atrium we call our family room. 16 foot skylighted ceilng, built so I do not have to move it anymore.

Last edited:

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
We have 2 of the hibiscus and a pecan tree that is damn near touching the ceiling now. I would sooner she bring the hibiscus in the house for the winter.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
We have 2 of the hibiscus and a pecan tree that is damn near touching the ceiling now. I would sooner she bring the hibiscus in the house for the winter.

Yes, but you have to admit, a damm proud feeling when you wake up to a blooming Hibiscus in January, February.

Mine is a fluffy double or triple flower that is blood red. When it blooms plentiful in December, the crimson flowers contrasting against the deep green foliage of the hibi, it is a wonderful Christmas tree.

LedZap

So, how cold is it outside ? ...

1the-dar-92.jpg

Leni

80 degrees and very windy. This is the kind of day that you put rocks in your pockets to keep from blowing away.

Leni

I'm in the San Fernando Valley part of Los Angeles. I'm just a little to the west of the Newhall Pass. The Santa Annas coming blowing through there as well as the Santa Susana Pass that is to the west of me. I'm not sure how hard the wind is blowing but the gusts are pretty strong.

With the weather the way it is the fire department has issued a red flag warning. That means no on street parking in the hills so the fire engines can get by and eveyone is on fire alert.