• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

tooled around in a M116 husky this afternoon.

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
My buddy has his husky troop carrier up and running, geting it ready to paint. The upper cab is off so it is an open top. It being the troop carrier version, open in the back.

Very nice impressive machine. Smooth ride and a 350 4 barrel small block and 4,000K lbs make it a powerfull machine. Loved the diff. steering unit it uses, low effort and very easy to modulate for the radious of turn you want to make. The spot turn mode works well too. 20 mph at 2K rpm and 25 at 3K rpm, 38 mph top speed so he says....

His a very late production with an early turbo 400 trans we think was orginal in 1969. The cooling fan system in this thing is a very serious bunch of paarts and they make alot of noise, and hearing protection required!

I am left with a very favorable impression of this machine. Cann't wait to run with it in the snow with my Snow Trac! Should be a very fun and unusual time to have these two machines together. I look forward to it this winter!

Regards, Kirk

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
those cross drive transaxles work well and essentially are an a hydro mechanical varriator. it would be cool to see something like that hit the civilian market it would give the juice drive machines a run for their money because you have speed and the torsion bar suspension also works quite well

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
After driving this one I would have to agree whole heartedly. Really fun to drive it, and it handled very well. Climbed steep grades with ease. 600 acers of timber pasture in the hills of southern Iowa and it can go anywere you care to point it. It doesn't care!

Neat old machine, and like you I think a modern version built around this diff steer unit would be awsome!!

Regards, Kirk