• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Skidozer 252 GVW

JK3377

Does anyone know the weight of a 1980's 252 with plow attached? Just wondering if a 7000lb trailer would be enough.

olympicorange

…. according to one spec. sheet online....'' base vehicle weight''....6000LB. so add blade weight, full body cab, etc.... so you should be in the window between 6 & 7 K lbs.

Nort Woods

GOLD Site Supporter
On a similar note, can someone tell me the GVW of a 1979 sv200? Looking to trailer it and want to make sure I have enough trailer. If you have width, length & height information I would appreciate that as well.
Thank you in advance!
Nort Woods
I have searched the internet and haven’t found a spec on the 200, found everything but!

Last edited:

vintagebike

I hauled our SV200 with a 6 way blade and extended 5 person cab from Seattle to McCall via Hwy 84 on a 8.5x20 9900k Carry-On deck over trailer behind a 2013 F150 5.0 4x4. Loaded with blade to the back. It did sway a bit on the mountain passes and will use a load equalizer with blade forward next time. Kept it at 65-70 the whole route.

Last edited:

Nort Woods

GOLD Site Supporter
I hauled our SV200 with a 6 way blade and extended 5 person cab from Seattle to McCall via Hwy 84 on a 8.5x20 9900k Carry-On deck over trailer behind a 2013 F150 5.0 4x4. Loaded with blade to the back. It did sway a bit on the mountain passes and will use a load equalizer with blade forward next time. Kept it a 65-70 the whole route.
Thank you VB. Will the specs be similar to a sv252 other than the extended cab?