• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Reinstalled Ubuntu

Catavenger

SUPER Site Supporter
I just reinstalled Ubuntu on an ancient desktop. First it ran XP then because support for XP was going bye-bye I installed Ubuntu.
Then I decided after a few months (when I ran across the XP back up disk) decided to reinstalled XP. It doesn't seem like much worked for me anymore with XP. After a few weeks I dug around and finally found the Ubuntu disk that a much more computer savvy friend of mine made me years ago. I really would like Linux Mint but this seems to work and It probably is best that I learn this (again) before I stick my neck out trying to install that. Fortunately I have 2 laptops I can also use.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Good for you. Linux is so worth learning. Not easy but nothing worthwhile is. Congrats.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Benefits?
To know an OS not tied to Windows in any way that will do 95% of what you need to do on the computer. Now days it can replace Windows 100% if you know the system well enough.
You don't have to worry about viruses, it runs faster, browsers have less issues.

If you want to host a website on the internet Linux is by far my prefered choice of OS. Stability and speed. All my forums run on Linux. It just works. Less headaches all the way around.