• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

My Week

johnday

The Crazy Scot, #3
SUPER Site Supporter
What a week I've had. Every day was a Monday!! Seemed if I wasn't being haggled by management, it was my own Union members I'm a Committedman for. Had nominations last night for my position, and 4 other guys stuck their foot in the ring. We have 3 of us at our plant that fill this role, and I hope to be reelected and retire from the company in this post. I've been going in at between 0400 and 0430 every day, and getting home about 1530-1600. Anyway, I'm feelin pretty mean right now. Anybody heard from my old bud Heenydooper? I need somebody to kick right now, and he seems like a real good candidate. Please direct his assholiness my way!!:4_11_9: :14_6_20: :flame2: :finger2: :14_6_12: :beer:

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
John, it's the weekend! party time, put that week behind you. :beer: :beer: :coolshade

You made me curious about hinny. His last visit was Oct 16th.

johnday

The Crazy Scot, #3
SUPER Site Supporter
Doc said:
John, it's the weekend! party time, put that week behind you. :beer: :beer: :coolshade

You made me curious about hinny. His last visit was Oct 16th.
Yeaah and said in that post he'd only be gone a week or so if I remember correctly.

Party Time, YES, sounds like a real wiener to me:boobies: :beer: :1062: !!!!

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
John,

Don't sweat the small stuff... yet. Do any of these guys that threw their hat in the ring have a chance or are they just positioning themselves for when you do retire? They want your position but know the steps to get there. You don't get yourself to the top without climbing the ladder first.

Brian

johnday

The Crazy Scot, #3
SUPER Site Supporter
bczoom said:
John,

Don't sweat the small stuff... yet. Do any of these guys that threw their hat in the ring have a chance or are they just positioning themselves for when you do retire? They want your position but know the steps to get there. You don't get yourself to the top without climbing the ladder first.

Brian
Much truth in that Brian. In my opinion there are two viable candidates besides myself. We are allocated 3 committeepersons, so the chances may be I'll still be there. I really want to go out in this position, so bad I can taste it. Alot of people think I'm crazy to want to do this job, and they may be right!LOL. But I like being in the know, and being able to settle disputes between management and labor to where all sides win. It's also a good feeling when a member with a major problem you've helped solve, says thankyou. That makes the insanity worth while. You don't hear thankyou very often from this younger entitlement generation.
Ah, what the crap, I still want to a truckdriver anyway. LOL:wave: :beer: :beer: :coolshade

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
johnday said:
In my opinion there are two viable candidates besides myself. We are allocated 3 committeepersons, so the chances may be I'll still be there.
Then it sounds like you're in a pretty decent position. Do what you've been doing (or what's right... :D ). They'll figure it out. They'll recognize who has an accomplished record vs. those that want one. Given the choice, they'll normally take the proven track record and will only take the "new guy" if existing Sr. committee members have FU'ed or aren't there to run.

johnday

The Crazy Scot, #3
SUPER Site Supporter
I've been passing those same thoughts through my mind. It's real nice though when someone else says it. Sorta qualifies what you really knew all along. Thanks for the encouraging words Brian, I've actually settled down some.:tiphat: :beer:

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Now... you want to know about my week???
Believe me, it ain't pretty and would rival your experience easily.

johnday

The Crazy Scot, #3
SUPER Site Supporter
bczoom said:
Now... you want to know about my week???
Believe me, it ain't pretty and would rival your experience easily.
Sure!! I see your going to DC. What's that all about?:tiphat:

Himmerhooner

johnyboy junki tol me dat u waz lookin fer me he maad a cal to my cel fone n sez dat yu iz havn' a bad da yuz a dim widt jonny boy. yuz doan no any tin. yuz stuped da wana keap da job dat doan pay any $$$$ yuz gona be da bigggst dumy in da semtary geta lif gota git bak on da roud dis intnet kafe iz spnciv 2 uz himmi

johnday

The Crazy Scot, #3
SUPER Site Supporter
Hey dooperdopper, welcome back, you old shithead. How ya been? I see your grammar and spelling are still as bad as a preschooler. You mention being on the road, I sure hope your not a real driver. This is your lucky day, BC got me settled down, or I'd be letting the air out of your tires. At any rate, be careful out there, we don't need you running over a bus load of kids, unless their like yourself, that is.:tiphat: :eek: :4_11_9:

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
johnday said:
You mention being on the road
WOW John, you're good. I tried reading friggenframmer's post about 3 times and still couldn't find that part.

Junkman

Extra Super Moderator
He is a good guy even if he can't spell. Before he took off and was on TBN a lot, I got to know him. He made it to the 3rd grade and then his folks moved and he never got to go to school again. I don't know how he ever got a CDL, but he functions well enough to get by. Can't knock a guy like that that keeps on trying. Heck, he is as good as all the rest of you functional illiterates that frequent this place......Junk....... :tiphat:

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
johnday said:
OK John, you asked for it...

As mentioned in another thread Mrs. Zoom has been out of town 7 of the past 8 weekends.

Except for an hour or 2 a night, I've been taking care of the kids. I'm honestly not used to taking care of them that much...

I couldn't even chime in on the housework thread as I didn't know how to say I've been doing that as well.

Been working on the bunker plumbing. A couple broken valves have required me to put my hands in the sewer lines for several hours this week. Bleeding knuckles while submersed in the water make me ponder about Hepatitis and Menangitis (sp). I've washed my hands with every cleaner known and still can't get the smell of the inside of the pipes off my hands.

My project list/prep for winter has gone to hell. I can't get a damn thing done.

Oh yea, going to DC. Yep, I'll get a reprieve from the aforementioned but that opened a new can of worms. I'm starting this coming Monday but they want $5,000,000 liability insurance but just told me at 3:30 today. Travel to DC... that sounds like lots of time stuck in traffic.

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Junkman said:
Wash your hands with toothpaste. That covers up most bad smells.
Heck Junk, that's not even true about my breath (but I'll consider/try it).

TOMLESCOEQUIP

Just Plinkin Away the $$
Brian........I use heavy duty nitrile gloves when I work with chemicals or paint. the good ones fit like a thick second skin. PM me if you want a 1/2 dozen pair sent over so you can finish the job. I buy 'em 6 boxes at a time from a vendor, so I always have extra around.

Mith

The Eccentric Englishman
SUPER Site Supporter
Tough weeks guys, wont tell you what I've done cos it'll make yall feel worse :eek:

Enjoy the weekend :1062: :drink: :beer:

Hiney, or Polecat, very funny :rofl1:

johnday

The Crazy Scot, #3
SUPER Site Supporter
Mith; I know what you did this week. Anything you wanted!:rofl1:

Brian, I checked out your thread. Man be careful when working in that old, or new, sewage lines. There may be something worse than hepatitus or menningitis in there. Just think that back in the '70's that place was being used. No telling what chemicals/self enhancing drugs or other stuff could be in there! Crazy thought, name the place "The Zoom Files", as in The X Files, maybe keep the evildoers and revolutionists out of there.:coolshade

I don't envy you and the DC driving. What I do when in crap like that, I just keep repeating, "I'm the only one that knows how to drive". In the jams, especially when dragging a load or driving the Stroker. I try to matchup with a big truck, I've a crappy band, and every once in a while some of the big truck drivers actually talk to me. At any rate, you do find out where the bad spots are, and most of those guys know their way around. Plus there's some entertainment at it's finest to had from time to time.

Hey, just what are you going to do in DC?
:tiphat: :beer:

OhioTC18

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
My Week?
Been a pretty different one for me. It's been my first week at home after some "intelligent" guy with a degree on a wall said he could make me fell better.
Little does he know, it doesn't make you feel better to have your rib cage split right down the middle and THEN they pry you apart.
Little does he know that when you , um, wake up you won't be feeling better with a suction tube down your nose and an air hose in your throat. I begin to wonder just how intelligent he is.
Little does he know it won't make you feel better to lay flat on your back, I hate laying flat on my back.
Little does he know that doing the required excersizes hurt, So far he hasn't made me feel better yet.
Little does he know that it won't make me feel better when someone more or less has to wait on me hand and foot. I can't lift over 5 lbs for 6 weeks.
Little does he know that his directions for recovery stink. He said do "whatever" doesn't hurt". Damn, it all hurts. Walking, breathing, eating, and yes even that.......So far, I'm not feeling better yet.

I just figured it out.......he is intelligent, he did this to me and went home, ate dinner, played with the Grandkids.....all thoseother things I can't do right now. So maybe he IS smarter than me.

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
OK, Jerry wins on having the worst week. Hope you start feeling better soon.

Junkman

Extra Super Moderator
Jerry..... just think how smart he is, because he got paid big bucks to make you feel that lousy. :rofl1: I would have said something funny, but I know it hurts to laugh. Next time. MikePA

OhioTC18

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Junkman said:
Jerry..... just think how smart he is, because he got paid big bucks to make you feel that lousy. :rofl1: I would have said something funny, but I know it hurts to laugh. Next time. MikePA

I'm thinking that one already did it :rofl1::D
Thanks Junk

johnday

The Crazy Scot, #3
SUPER Site Supporter
Jerry; Your week makes mine pale by comparison. Guess there always is someone worse off after all. People tend to get hungup on their problems instead of looking around, and in that context I 'll call myself normal.:eek: Then they get jolted back to reality pretty quick sometimes. Take care my man, I need leckturk advice from time to time ya know!!:boobies: :tiphat: :beer:

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Just to cap off my week, my septic pump quit...
Water level rose until I started noticing small puddles.
Couldn't find anyone on a Sunday so I had to get in there and start pumping out into 55 gallon drums so we can use a little tomorrow morning to take showers and stuff.

Hopefully, I can get someone in tomorrow to pump out the tanks then get another person in to replace the pump. Kind of ticks me off that I just had the tanks cleaned/emptied a few months ago. Had to dig a nice hole in the yard again today so we can do it all again...

johnday

The Crazy Scot, #3
SUPER Site Supporter
Geez Brian, what is it about you that you keep getting involved with shit?:4_11_9: I guess you knew that was coming.:toilet: My first house had a septic system, and I've been on public sewer for the last 17 years. I'll have to get used to septic again when I move upnorth.:fart2: Alas, the draw backs of country living. NOT!!!

Sounds like you've maybe got an engineered bed?

Junkman

Extra Super Moderator
My week just got worse. The wife just wrecked the new vehicle when she hit tree. ...............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Attachments

• halloween.jpg
    halloween.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 96