• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

moving a hot tub

mak2

I have a hot tub at a rental property I would really like to get to my house. I spent the day cleaning and fixing it. Is it outrageously expensive or difficult to move? Have any of you ever moved a hot tub?:unsure:

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
I have moved mine 3 times and they are heavy. Mine is an older Fox Pools one and it weighs about 700 lbs. I move it on a tilt deck snowmobile trailer. Have 4 strong guys and be patient. I get it on 2 roller dollies and it is not bad to roll into place. Some dealers will move them but it is not cheap. As long as you can move it without having to turn it on it's side it is not bad.

RNE228

Bronze Member
Site Supporter
I have helped move them. They are haevy, but with four or five string guys you can move them. More guys would be great, but only so many can try to get a handhold at once.

Make sure you go over it good for spiders...

Other wise, drain it well, flip it on it's side, and go. As Muleman mentioned, dollies are nice.

I have one friend; they have no real access for a big item to thier back deck. They had a crane-truck come in. Lifted it over the house and set it on the deck. Same as the do for roof top air conditioners.

They are not too hard to move. Just make sure to lift with your knee's, protect your back...

Obviously, make sure power ect is disconnected, breaker is shut off...