• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

What are you doing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bannedjoe

Really, what good is the stupid covid test when you don't get the results back for a week?
Anything could transpire between then and now.
Useless, IMO.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
This was in yesterday's local newspaper.
:mrgreen: :whistle:

20200712_124130.jpg

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Home from camp. Hurting. Back is flared up. Gallbladder attack last night crawling into bed. Keeled over in pain. Woke up this morning still hurting. Barely made it to the truck and drove home.

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Home from camp. Hurting. Back is flared up. Gallbladder attack last night crawling into bed. Keeled over in pain. Woke up this morning still hurting. Barely made it to the truck and drove home.

Hope you feel better after some rest!

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Hope you feel better after some rest!
Thanks. The gallbladder has been ok for a while now without any attacks. Last night it hit me without warning though. Sharp stabbing pain in my right abdomen. It's still very tender. Waiting for a surgery date. Covid totally fd that up as well. The hospital will be backlogged for months. They're just starting to do other surgery again.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Today was a blast.
We ate in Maumee, then Jeff wanted to explore downtown Toledo (central), like we've never been there before?? Lol
Pubs, eateries, the museum of art, the Mudhens stadium.
I took tons of pictures.
He drove while myself and grandie talked future (hers).
I thank God for days like this.

20200712_171631.jpg

20200712_171626.jpg

20200712_192946(0).jpg

20200712_193409.jpg

20200712_193637.jpg

20200712_193831.jpg

20200712_193845.jpg

20200712_193935.jpg

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Thanks. The gallbladder has been ok for a while now without any attacks. Last night it hit me without warning though. Sharp stabbing pain in my right abdomen. It's still very tender. Waiting for a surgery date. Covid totally fd that up as well. The hospital will be backlogged for months. They're just starting to do other surgery again.

That sucks.
It really does.
I thought about you today Brian while we were passing trucks with Ontario plates.
You're the only Canuck I know.
:smile:

Bannedjoe

Today was a blast.
We ate in Maumee, then Jeff wanted to explore downtown Toledo (central), like we've never been there before?? Lol
Pubs, eateries, the museum of art, the Mudhens stadium.
I took tons of pictures.
He drove while myself and grandie talked future (hers).
I thank God for days like this.

View attachment 128252

View attachment 128253

Son of a bitch.
If I had a big 'ol plate of fried shrimp, and a lobster tail, I'd be grinning ear to ear.
These two look like you just told them their dog got run over.
KNvr6Vh.gif

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
Son of a bitch.
If I had a big 'ol plate of fried shrimp, and a lobster tail, I'd be grinning ear to ear.
KNvr6Vh.gif

Thats the look I get after the 3rd plate and can't eat any more.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Son of a bitch.
KNvr6Vh.gif

The look of serious concentration.
One does not take a plate of delicious seafood lightly.
She ate every bite. Lol

Working 2-6pm today ONLY.
I'm filing in an open spot.

Lenny

SUPER Site Supporter
I did my 40 minutes at the gym. Going into Council Bluffs later to do some shopping, visit with friends and give a donation to Gabriel's Corner....they are across the street from Planned Parenthood. Pregnant women are welcome to come there to go over their options other than abortion. They have saved lives so I'm pretty passionate about helping them. A buddy of mine and his wife opened it up about 15 years ago after both of us got laid off. He became a Deacon in the Catholic Church and has done some wonderful things.

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
I did my 40 minutes at the gym. Going into Council Bluffs later to do some shopping, visit with friends and give a donation to Gabriel's Corner....they are across the street from Planned Parenthood. Pregnant women are welcome to come there to go over their options other than abortion. They have saved lives so I'm pretty passionate about helping them. A buddy of mine and his wife opened it up about 15 years ago after both of us got laid off. He became a Deacon in the Catholic Church and has done some wonderful things.

I looked them up

http://www.gabrielscorner.com/

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
You're a good man, Lenny... with good friends.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Trying to hire workers. The well is pretty dry here in St Charles County MO as most of our industries are up and running. The GM plant is hiring just about anybody with a pulse. It's many nearby sub contractors are also. They offer better pay than I can afford.

Two/three years ago, I could attract workers for $10 to $12 and hour. Now it's $15. Proving that we do not need the Gubmit to mandate a minimum wage.

On the other hand, most everything one needs to buy now costs more. Proving that axiom as well.

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Trying to hire workers. The well is pretty dry here as most of our industries are up and running. The GM plant is hiring as well. It's many nearby sub contractors are also. They offer better pay than I can afford.

Two/three years ago, I could attract workers for $10 to 12 and hour. Now it's $15. Proving that we do not need the Gubmit to mandate a minimum wage.

On the other hand, most everything one needs to buy now costs more. Proving that axiom as well.

I have been paying $15 for a decade for good help.
In this game, it is a cheap price to pay, for some one who will not damage a $200K+ machine. Most around these parts have gone to $15 as well, and we are short of workers here. Especially for experienced help...

In a tractor cultivating soybeans today. Home for lunch...

Regards, Kirk

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
In this game, it is a cheap price to pay, for some one who will not damage a $200K+ machine. Most around these parts have gone to $15 as well, and we are short of workers here. Especially for experienced help...

Regards, Kirk
You are hiring qualified people to handle that equipment. And paying what they are worth.
I do as well
But I also hire people who failed to pay attention in school. They come as un-professionals with no real skills. Pick up two pieces and put them onto the moving conveyor. "Lucy and Ethel" at the candy company.

I am a subcontractor to a large fulfillment house. I visited their KC Operations plant last week. No one on the production line spoke English except the machine operator. That is what I am up against in my industry.

Our biggest competitors operate in sanctuary cities. I refuse to hire illegals out of hand. Call me a bigot or a xenophobe, but it is illegal to do so.

Lenny

SUPER Site Supporter

They offer free ultrasound to pregnant women to show them what their babies look like. If they see their kid sucking his thumb or something like that, they realize it's not just a mass of tissue in their bodies. Someone donated $80,000 for the ultrasound machine and Gabriel's Corner has nurses who volunteer for it.

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
They offer free ultrasound to pregnant women to show them what their babies look like. If they see their kid sucking his thumb or something like that, they realize it's not just a mass of tissue in their bodies. Someone donated $80,000 for the ultrasound machine and Gabriel's Corner has nurses who volunteer for it.

:thumb:

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter

Regards, Kirk

BTW;
I forgot to mention...;
In my day as a young boy on the farm, I never got "in" a tractor. We sat "on" them at 100F or 10F below.

pixie

SUPER Site Supporter
I'm thinking one gets 'in' a tractor when it has a cab and a/c but 'on' one when it's only got a seat.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
I'm thinking one gets 'in' a tractor when it has a cab and a/c but 'on' one when it's only got a seat.

Cab with AC? Are you kidding me?
AC, Stereos, internet connections and GPS.

Farmin' ain't like your daddy, or grand pappy, used to do.
Today, most successful farmers have college degrees.

Ain't nuthin' lowbrow about farmin'
However, it is still requires honest hard work.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Finally trapped and got rid of the feral cat that has been hanging around for months. Normally I'm a live and let live kind of guy but this thing has become an absolute pest over the last few weeks. I don't take any pleasure in it but it had to be done. Damn, it was a wild mfer.

I fertilized an watered my covid potato garden and was piddling around outside when my wife came out and pulled the plug on any further activity. She told me that the heat index was 115° and that I needed to get my butt indoors and in to the a/c. After over 40 years together, when she gets that dogmatic it's best just to say, "Yes ma'am" and do what you're told. Actually I was glad. It was freekin' hot out there. Much nicer inside.

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
Hi all, did start up on some conveyor and gravity track we installed at a local cannery. Over 100 degrees outside complete with steam just in case you're still a little chilly. Went well and got some more work out of it.

Attachments

• IMG_0972.jpg
    IMG_0972.jpg
    120.5 KB · Views: 56

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Nasty thunderstorm rolled through during the night. I slept through it. Another one on the way this afternoon.

Physio this morning. Went to home depot and scored some treated fence boards for a project at camp. Not sure if it's like that in the states but up here, there's been a lumber shortage for anything treated. I've been trying for 2 weeks to get 20 6ft treated fence boards without any luck. I also attempted to pick up a few 2x4s. Home depot was out so I tried another place. They were also out of stock. Eventually I'll find what I need.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Nasty thunderstorm rolled through during the night. I slept through it. Another one on the way this afternoon.

Physio this morning. Went to home depot and scored some treated fence boards for a project at camp. Not sure if it's like that in the states but up here, there's been a lumber shortage for anything treated. I've been trying for 2 weeks to get 20 6ft treated fence boards without any luck. I also attempted to pick up a few 2x4s. Home depot was out so I tried another place. They were also out of stock. Eventually I'll find what I need.

No, we have the same issues here. I went to Lowes last week and they did not have one, not ONE piece of treated decking. Two stores.
I finally scored some at Menards but their 5/4 is actually 5/4 and doesn't match the old deck thickness.

I do have some 16' ones in storage I can cut down to 10' for replacing the bad boards on our main deck. However, what I need is 12' to expand the deck at my summer camp lake Stockton MO.

6' lumber I can use but not 4' pieces.

BTW, Lowes and Home Depot have lousy treatment lumber. It is not ground contact and barely lasts longer than untreated pine. Menards is truly treated for ground contact and is dimensionally superior. I am building a 36' X 48' floating deck at the Ozark ranch this fall. All of it will be from Menards.

No piers, just 12'' of crushed limestone base with 6" X 8" treated bunk lumber supporting the 2"X 10" joists framing. We still have not agreed on what we will build on top of that. A small cabin or perhaps just combining three Cedar
structures with metal roofing from prefab kits. Then using the frames to create a 36' X 12' cabin.

It's a dream plan. I'm 73 and running a business that is keeping me up a nights. It may never happen.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
In the words of PG, "I'm doing nowt".

Went in to town to vote in the run-off election. Swung by the doctor's office for a few minutes to make a deposit, literally. It was a stool smear sample. I'm glad that is over and done with. It's true what they say, "You can't pick up a turd by the clean end".

Did some more running around and then home. My grass needs cutting but in this heat I couldn't whip up any enthusiasm for it. Maybe tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.