• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Personal celebration tonight

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Sipping a fine and rare whisky in celebration of my fencer Lexi. I can’t get ‘17’ anymore so I only pull this bottle out for very special occasions. So proud of Lexi today and her performance in the Junior Olympics, her debut on the national tournament scene.

Honestly if you look at the results, Lexi finished in the bottom 1/2 of the 200 fencers that competed in the Junior Women's Saber competition and that looks bad. But only 2 from the entire state of Indiana entered the event (only 3 actually qualified) so she was a rarity in our state. And of the half dozen fencers in our 3 state high school conference who competed, all of them finished within a couple dozen points of each other so we know that she did well within the quality of the group where she normally competes.

So I'm thrilled with her performance and she is happy too. Of course she and I both wish she would have gotten a medal but that was clearly not meant to be.

For a girl who only started fencing 4 years ago, and who lost EVERY single bout she fenced during her freshman year in high school, its pretty amazing to see her qualify and successfully compete in a national event today. No other kid from our school has ever done this. Only a couple others at our club have done this. Only 1 other has done this at the other school where I also coach. So its a pretty big deal for her (and for me).

Attachments

• 32ACCDA4-DDFE-483F-90CC-5D2CED1C345A.jpg
    32ACCDA4-DDFE-483F-90CC-5D2CED1C345A.jpg
    141 KB · Views: 133

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Very kewl. That is sure worth breaking out the good stuff. :thumb: