• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Raccoon population is booming

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Just got a call from my neighbor lady. This is the third raccoon we have caught in the last 8 days. They are booming around her house since she does not have any dogs. I have been taking them to a location that is at least 3-4 miles from her place. I think they have a den around her old barn somewhere. They root out her flowers and make a mess out of things.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cowboy

Wait for it.
GOLD Site Supporter
Just got a call from my neighbor lady. This is the third raccoon we have caught in the last 8 days. They are booming around her house since she does not have any dogs. I have been taking them across the river to Pa. to release them so it is at least 3-4 miles from her place. I think they have a den around her old barn somewhere. They root out her flowers and make a mess out of things.
I had to run off two mommas and 12 friggen cubs last night with the shotgun , hopefully they will take the hint . :hammer:

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I have called the White House regarding this thread, in addition to the Interior Department. I also called the Humane Society of the United States. People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals. The Wildlife Conservancy and several other minor NGOs.

So, here is what is going to happen. The White House will ask for Congressional Hearings while the Interior Department files for emergency funding for a new study. The various organizations will be holding a joint conference to develop a birth control plan for raccoons.

I have been assured that they will all come together with a solution, sometime before 2025 at a cost that is somewhat under a half a billion dollars.

There. Solved. Tell your neighbor lady that the Government is here to help her!

jimbo

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I have called the White House regarding this thread, in addition to the Interior Department. I also called the Humane Society of the United States. People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals. The Wildlife Conservancy and several other minor NGOs.

So, here is what is going to happen. The White House will ask for Congressional Hearings while the Interior Department files for emergency funding for a new study. The various organizations will be holding a joint conference to develop a birth control plan for raccoons.

I have been assured that they will all come together with a solution, sometime before 2025 at a cost that is somewhat under a half a billion dollars.

There. Solved. Tell your neighbor lady that the Government is here to help her!
You know gummint programs always come in over budget and overtime, and therefore you are probably looking at 2050 and a trillion dollars. Then the solution will be teaching them to vote democratic, give the welfare, and make them a protected class.