• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Tattoos . . . I don't get it

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
62001_f496.jpg
SheepTattoo.jpg

Tattoo1.jpg
Tattoo3.jpg

bad.jpg
bad30.jpg

npt2-nazi-tattoo-hitler.jpg
osama_tattoo.jpg

rback33

Hangin in Tornado Alley
SUPER Site Supporter
Most of those people are idiots... I will agree with you there. Completely tasteless. That's why it took me so long to get mine. I did not want to be one of THEM. The sheep one... :wtf:

REDDOGTWO

Unemployed Veg. Peddler
SUPER Site Supporter
Most of those people are idiots... I will agree with you there. Completely tasteless. That's why it took me so long to get mine. I did not want to be one of THEM. The sheep one... :wtf:

You really should not make fun of his girl friend.:brows:

Bamby

This image is small though I did see the full size one once. Though I don't approve of tats this
menupop.gif
is a work of art.

Attachments

• women tatoo image.jpg
    women tatoo image.jpg
    7.9 KB · Views: 445

BoneheadNW

Some tattoos (including many of those above) will keep you from getting hired at certain businesses. I know that "visible, offensive tattoos" (to be determined by our Chief) as well as piercings (known as hardware) are not allowed in our department. That is not to say that some people do not have tattoos, they are just under cover.
Bone

American Woman

Site Supporter
Is that indian humping a corn dog?
That was going to be my question :yum: He must be a corn dog lover:shock: I guess I'm old fashoined about Tattoos. I never thought they were right for girls. Like smoking, drinking beer, and farting out loud....it's always been a "mans thing" to me.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I always wonder what these people are going to look like when they are old and gray?
Some 90 y/o woman in a nursing home with Insane Clown Posse tattooed on her body, or like the man in the first picture.:doh:

Right now the only patients I see with tatts are men who served in wars,they're usually on the arm area.

I have a tattoo myself and always joke that when I'm old and gray, the only people to see it will be those who roll me over to wipe my butt.:yum:

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Not a big fan of tatoos.......actually, I tend to think they are a waste of $$$. I could think of better things do do with a few hundred bucks then have some guy with a needlegun draw all over me.........mainly like pay bills and put food on the table for my family.

The Tourist

Banned
Back "in the day" folks just one or two, usually on a bicep.

Then about ten years ago the trend was getting one entire arm inked. But then dentists discovered Harleys and every idiot got flames and skulls.

It is now considered gay.

As for a waste of money, I agree. I had enough problems buying food and chrome to afford needle make-up.

The Tourist

Banned
Cowgirl, I have to admit something, as well.

Do you know what a "tramp stamp" looks like on a baby-boomer woman at the gym?

You know how a tax stamp on a pack of cigarettes looks atop wrinkled cellophane?

cowgirl

Silver Member
Site Supporter
Do you know what a "tramp stamp" looks like on a baby-boomer woman at the gym?

Yeah I do, but what does that have to do with me???????????

Can we see it?

I posted a photo of it in a previous tattoo thread.
I have a small rose near my belly button (about 1 inch in size)

Where's rback when you need him??????????

The Tourist

Banned
Yeah I do, but what does that have to do with me?

Once you get into your late forties, there's a certain 'silliness' that reflects itself on both men and women. It's kind of like seeing a sixty year old balding hippie that still says "far out" and "right on."

That's the problem with tattoos. It freezes the picture at a certain point in a person's life. Now granted, I can understand the espirit de corps of a veteran showing a 'screaming eagle' and the years he fought.

But seeing a sixty year old grandma with a dragon inked around her arm and the inscription "get it while it's hot" is somehow sadly humorous.

cowgirl

Silver Member
Site Supporter
I can see your point Tourist. I put a lot of thought into my tattoo. The great thing about where my tattoo is, is that I can hide it under almost all circumstances (only one would be if I'm completely nude).

That's the problem with tattoos. It freezes the picture at a certain point in a person's life

this could be good or bad, depending on the memory. A drunken night or dare, you might regret it.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Once you get into your late forties, there's a certain 'silliness' that reflects itself on both men and women. It's kind of like seeing a sixty year old balding hippie that still says "far out" and "right on."

That's the problem with tattoos. It freezes the picture at a certain point in a person's life.

I got my tattoo because I somehow wanted something on me to remember my late husband.

It was going to be a shamrock (since he was of Irish decent), but I later decided on this, on the advice of the biker who inked me, at the White Wizard tattoo parlour.

$65.. and I don't regret a minute of it... although the young ones in the place that day asked me -what you having done?
I said "Well this old chick is gonna get a tattoo"...:yum:
They were all there for lip piercings..
It's on the small of my back.. hell I don't even see it these days unless I turn around and look at it in a mirror.. lol

Attachments

• my tattoo.jpg
    my tattoo.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 165