• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Santa shoots/kills 6 in California

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I just heard on CBS News that a man dressed as Santa showed up to his family Christmas party, shot and wounded the 8 yr old who answered the door, shot and killed several others, then set the house on fire. He was found dead the next morning at another family member's house, with a single shot to his head.

vb_wtf.gif
is WRONG with people?! I mean, it said he was having marital problems, but lots of people have marital problems and don't do shit like this. Of course, it didn't say if he had a CCW or not, but this was in L.A., and I'm betting not. The reporter was quick to say that the crime was committed with handguns and a homemade accelerant for the fire.
Police: At least 6 dead in Christmas Eve shooting

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081225/ap_on_re_us/santa_shooting
By CHRISTINA HOAG, Associated Press Writer Christina Hoag, Associated Press Writer – 22 mins ago
AP – Bruce Jeffrey Pardo is seen in an undated photo provided Thursday, Dec. 25, 2008, by the Covina, Calif. …

COVINA, Calif. – Six bodies were found Thursday in the ashes of a home where a gunman in a Santa Claus costume opened fire during a Christmas Eve party before setting the house ablaze, police said.

Three others, including the couple who own the home and the alleged gunman's ex-wife, remain missing, Covina police Chief Kim Raney said.

Officers found the body of suspect Bruce Jeffrey Pardo, 45, at his brother's home early Thursday in the Sylmar area of Los Angeles. Pardo had died from a single gunshot wound to the head, Los Angeles police Sgt. Martin Guerrero said.

"He was going through some type of marital problems, and we believe that this residence is a relative's residence," Lt. Pat Buchanan said.

The gunman arrived at the party in Covina late Wednesday and immediately opened fire with a handgun, Buchanan said.

Raney said he then used a homemade incendiary device to set the home on fire.

Witnesses told police that the man took off the Santa suit and left the scene of the burning house in street clothes.

Jan Gregory, a neighbor, said about 25 people were at the party when the gunshots rang out and people started running from the house. She said she saw a teenage boy flee the house, screaming, "They shot my family."

Buchanan said three other people were injured. A woman in her 20s and an 8-year-old girl had gunshot wounds that were not life-threatening, and a third person had a broken ankle.

Firefighters had extinguished the blaze by about 1:30 a.m. Thursday, fire Captain Mike Brown said.
The two-story home on a cul-de-sac was destroyed in Covina, a quiet suburb 25 miles east of Los Angeles.

"This neighborhood is really quiet," said Jeffrey Barrientos, who lives half a block from the house that burned. Barrientos said the neighborhood's residents were mostly retirees and elderly people.

HulaMac

I turned on the tv this morning and this news was on. What a way to start Christmas day. So very, very sad.

American Woman

Site Supporter
Christmas time always brings something like this out. I wonder if he didn't have plans to shoot himself in the beginning because he was disguised in a Santa suit?

HulaMac

I think the Santa suit was his way of getting into the house. I don't think he was welcome there and they would not have let him in.

American Woman

Site Supporter
It was even meaner of him to be dressed like that and shoot the 8 yearold first thing at the door... My kids still believed in Santa at 8 :censored:

RedRocker

Looks like nine dead, the dumb ass set himself on fire by accident, so he offed himself after the Santa suit melted to his skin.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
He even pipe bombed his rental car. It blew up. :pat:
Why the H didn't he simply use the plane ticket and fly to Canada without all the killing and destruction?